Most oft reused JH illustration

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
It is an understatement to say that Jack Hyles loved to use illustrations.

So in your opinion, which of his illustrations do you think was most often reused by other preachers & especially HACkers?

fishinnut said:

So in your opinion, which of his illustrations do you think was most often reused by other preachers & especially HACkers?
I would nominate  from the message Christmas is, the "go to the address John 3:16."

I have heard Hackers tell Jack Hyles' "I'll take the bus kids!" story.

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
His cough.
Ain't that the truth! But do you understand what an illustration is?

Sure.

Let me illustrate what it means.

<cough>

A deacon didn't like the oil spots from the buses all over the parking lot and that it stank. He told Hyles that Moody's lot didn't have oil on it. Hyles told the deacon that Moody used horses and he wondered what Moody's parking lot smelled like. Of course I can't tell it like the master of illustrations could.

The illustration about Jackie boy Hyles sitting on Ms. Bethel's knee!

Baptist City Holdout said:
A deacon didn't like the oil spots from the buses all over the parking lot and that it stank. He told Hyles that Moody's lot didn't have oil on it. Hyles told the deacon that Moody used horses and he wondered what Moody's parking lot smelled like. Of course I can't tell it like the master of illustrations could.

https://youtu.be/tifnWiEgWgE?t=21m21s

The most overused statement by Dr Hyles was, ?I did not have sexual relations with that woman.?

The most overused statements by HAC Pastors is, ?He did not have sexual relations with that woman.?

fishinnut said:

He often used his own life story as the subject of his illustrations.........."There is only 1 L Roberson, only 1 T Malone, only 1 RG L ee but anyone can be a little Jackie-boy H."