Ms. Aryls Cooper

SwampHag

Elect
Reaction score
Got this from Becky Towne...

Please pray for the family of Miss Arlys Cooper who passed away this evening at St. Anthony's Hospital in Crown Point. Miss Cooper was a wonderful dorm sup and staff member at Hyles-Anderson College for many years.

Just FYI for those of you who knew her.

What's happened she was so much fun. my heart goes out to her family....

Sherryh said:
What's happened she was so much fun. my heart goes out to her family....

She was pretty ill awhile back (maybe 2 years ago) and was in the hospital for some time.  She retired from the college and had a really nice place in Merrillville just north of 30 near Meijers.  I visited with her a little over a year ago and she appeared in great health and was really excited about her new residence.  She missed the college terribly though, she was so active in Student Recruitment and was a dorm supe for so long, I can't imagine her knowing what to do with all her free time.  I believe she passed away this last Monday.

It is sad to hear of her passing, she was the first employee at the college that I ever spoke with and two decades later, students were still saying the same thing, she worked those phones like no one else and was one of the first people students and parents met in the line on opening day.

Tom said it best, she no longer is hindered by this earthly vessel.

If my memory is correct a group of girls came from Tenn. And her and iva were in that group. She called me once because I ask for my college credits....she loved and worshipped Carol Frye

I just saw her a couple of weeks ago in the grocery store.  Stopped and talked with her a while.  She was a very sweet lady even during her illness.  Her funeral is Thursday.