Much better forum

Dunno, but hopefully some rational discussion can take place before (dare I hope even without?) the intrusion of the KJVO-grafitti-loons.

redgreen5 said:
Will they retire / archive the old one?

Two different administrators...

Too bad that the other FF is so perennially broken in its script.

Ad revenues are huge and for a large contingency of people to leave it means they are going to eventually suffer.

BUT, it is their fault that so many things remain unbroken...

Sup everyone !! Decided to join in over here. The "KJVO-grafitti-loons" should be here any day now. They always come.................always............

Tatermonkey said:
Sup everyone !! Decided to join in over here. The "KJVO-grafitti-loons" should be here any day now. They always come.................always............

I'm here!

:D

Yeah, I remember when the other forum replaced an older one. It started out great, with a few idiospams that the webbie soon purged. However, the forum soon began going down more than it was up, and no admin. has shown any interest in fixing it. Hope this'n stays up and stays functional!

I suggest that any new topics should get posted here.

That way, the old forum only be used for existing discussions which will eventually wind down.

SAWBONES said:
Dunno, but hopefully some rational discussion can take place before (dare I hope even without?) the intrusion of the KJVO-grafitti-loons.

But its so much more interestig with the likes of them.

Get Coverdale to come and Avery will follow!

FSSL said:

Sort of a Proverbs 22:11 situation - you want the gold ring, you have to take the pig with it.

FSSL said:

I suspect Avery is sure to follow no matter what.

He so needs to post arguments attempting to support  KJVOism that he simply can't help himself.

I don't believe there's a more more obsessive and prolific KJVO-kateer on the internet.  ;)

Yes, it is better. But I hope at least there'll be some discussion of other Bible versions too, like you know modern ones, not just the tired, boring KJVO dead horse.

Ok. So what do you all think of the newest version of the NIV? After being attacked for trying to gender nuetralize it as the TNIV, Zondervan backed off.

Only to come out a few years later with most of the same changes they proposed for the TNIV, albeit not calling it the TNIV.

For example, Psalm 1 says "Blessed are those who ..." instead of "Blessed is the man..."

Not a big change, but it does something important.

As Marvin Olasky explained it
"... only one person fully delighted in the law of the Lord and never sinned: Christ Himself. The change to "those" eliminated that reminder. It seemed to me that since God's inspired writers praised individual courage and pointed us to Christ, translators should not misdirect us. "

Izdaari said:
Yes, it is better. But I hope at least there'll be some discussion of other Bible versions too, like you know modern ones, not just the tired, boring KJVO dead horse.

Hi Izdaari!
I hope the same thing.

Bob said:
Ok. So what do you all think of the newest version of the NIV? After being attacked for trying to gender nuetralize it as the TNIV, Zondervan backed off.

Only to come out a few years later with most of the same changes they proposed for the TNIV, albeit not calling it the TNIV.

For example, Psalm 1 says "Blessed are those who ..." instead of "Blessed is the man..."

Not a big change, but it does something important.

As Marvin Olasky explained it
"... only one person fully delighted in the law of the Lord and never sinned: Christ Himself. The change to "those" eliminated that reminder. It seemed to me that since God's inspired writers praised individual courage and pointed us to Christ, translators should not misdirect us. "

I don't mind the idea of inclusive language that much, but I don't like the way they're calling it by the same name as the old NIV and discontinuing the old NIV, thereby forcing NIV readers to either accept the changes, switch versions, or quit buying new NIV Bibles.

Bob said:

Since I'm a big fan of the TNIV, and think on its merits it should have replaced the 1984 NIV, I expect to like the 2011 NIV as well. But I haven't really had a chance yet to look it over much.