My 2024 Endorsement for President

Dr. Huk-N-Duck

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Although I might change my mind before election time and instead lean towards Trump, at this current moment, I’d like to announce my 2024 endorsement for the office of President of the United States: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. https://www.kennedy24.com/

The only thing I want to see Kennedy do is dethrone Biden. Like that's going to happen. 🙄

I'll let everyone else dog pile your endorsement.

What do you suppose qualifies RFK Jr. to be president?
To start, I have Trump and Biden fatigue, and I like the fact that, while he’s older, at least he’s still in his 60s. I also like his common sense approach on some issues like the Second Amendment, the environment, economics, foreign relations, etc. He’s been described as an Old School Democrat, which I believe means he represents what most Democrats pre-Obama mainly stood for (one might argue first-term Obama fell into this category as well, but definitely not second term Obama or anyone since).

Kennedy says he is not a gun owner himself, but he is not for “taking people’s guns away,” and he would include in that category semi-automatic weapons like AR-15s that have often been used in mass shootings in the US. He said, however, if he were to become president and the US Senate and the House both had passed measures banning AR-15s, he would go along with that decision.

But in discussing America’s “gun culture” and the view by some that “their AR-15s are protecting them from government overreach” — he said it was a position he felt some sympathy with, given what he considered to be the massive US government overreach during the Covid pandemic.

On the Ukraine war, pandemic measures, US border policies, and the Second Amendment, RFK Jr. could easily be mistaken for a Republican, while on abortion, affirmative action and climate change, he sounds very much like a Democrat.

And what about his advocacy concerning vaccines? Not just COVID-19 vaccines.
I have to admit, he's genuinely about vaccine safety, especially in regard to children.

Which explains his advocacy quite well.

On the Ukraine war, pandemic measures, US border policies, and the Second Amendment, RFK Jr. could easily be mistaken for a Republican, while on abortion, affirmative action and climate change, he sounds very much like a Democrat.
Exactly.

Huk's a Dem.
Philosophically, I’d consider myself a Blue Dog Democrat. Politically, I’m registered as an independent. The last time I voted for a Democrat was during Obama’s first term. I haven’t voted D since then, but I’m not averse to voting third party if I don’t like the Republican. (I voted Trump for his first run.)

Which is the nice way of saying that when he claims he's never been anti-vaxx, he's lying.
I’ve never looked into the vaccine issues very closely. I have no idea if the Covid vaccines will cause long term effects or not. I got the needle round one, so I guess I’ll find out one day.

Kennedy says he is not a gun owner himself, but he is not for “taking people’s guns away,” and he would include in that category semi-automatic weapons like AR-15s that have often been used in mass shootings in the US. He said, however, if he were to become president and the US Senate and the House both had passed measures banning AR-15s, he would go along with that decision.

But in discussing America’s “gun culture” and the view by some that “their AR-15s are protecting them from government overreach” — he said it was a position he felt some sympathy with, given what he considered to be the massive US government overreach during the Covid pandemic.

Read my previous posted post I see RFK Jr speaking out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand he understand people wanting to have their AR-15 to protect themselves from government overreach, and on the other hand if he could, he would band AR-15 if he was allowed.

Read my previous posted post I see RFK Jr speaking out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand he understand people wanting to have their AR-15 to protect themselves from government overreach, and on the other hand if he could, he would band AR-15 if he was allowed.
What some people call “speaking out of both sides of mouth” might just mean that a person has a a variety of opinions on a subject depending on the context. For example, I’m a duck hunter, so I’m obviously not anti-gun or anti-shooting or hunting or whatever. I also have a concealed weapon permit, although I almost never carry. But at the same time, I’m okay with a “soft ban” on many weapons like the AR-15. I think it should be acceptable for this type weapon to be available for recreational purposes like popping off shots at a range, but I don’t think your average Joe really needs to have easy access to purchasing this weapon for “home defense.”

What some people call “speaking out of both sides of mouth” might just mean that a person has a a variety of opinions on a subject depending on the context. For example, I’m a duck hunter, so I’m obviously not anti-gun or anti-shooting or hunting or whatever. I also have a concealed weapon permit, although I almost never carry. But at the same time, I’m okay with a “soft ban” on many weapons like the AR-15. I think it should be acceptable for this type weapon to be available for recreational purposes like popping off shots at a range, but I don’t think your average Joe really needs to have easy access to purchasing this weapon for “home defense.”

First a soft ban on AR-15 is a slippery slope. Then they will make a hard ban on Ar-15, and maybe a soft ban on semi auto pistol. I will not yield an inch of my 2nd amendments rights EVER!

Once the corral gates are opened , you may never get the animals back in again.