My cult-like experience

HeathenGirl

Elect
Reaction score
okay, so here's the deal, i'm not gonna tell you my actual name and your not gonna ask me . I'm not a christian and dont worry, i wont ever claim to be. My dad went to obc which im not really sure if he gradguated or not,but anyway. when i was a senior in high school we went to this church for barely a month, the name of that church was maranatha baptist church of something, in bethany ok. i swear, those people are the most gossiping people i have ever met. they told my dad how that they had this sunday school teacher who had mental issues and when my dad confronted the supposed nut case about it, he told my dad that there was nothing wrong with him and honestly, why would a church have a sunday school teacher for a nutcase? boggles my mind. then i asked this mexican guy, who is the assistant pastor about him and he told me the same thing, basically, "hes crazy". so I went up to the guy and told him what he had told me and i was like, why are you even in a place that doesnt even want you? like for real, they talk all this crap about you and from talking to you, i can even tell that theres nothing wrong with you, he just said thats them. my dad later told me that obc is a lot like that and they talk crap about people to either control them or to get rid of them.

so yeah, maranatha baptist church of whatever, lets not m33t @g@in. theres my ifb cult experience

-heathengirl

What's your name?

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . Alvin, is that you (?)

Take the red pill . . . and call Twisted in the morning.

: - )

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Hahahahaha . . .

. . . Alvin, is that you (?)

Take the red pill . . . and call Twisted in the morning.

Great advice.  We've got a bed ready here in the ward for him/her/it.

I swear that is one gossiping church....oops, what am I saying? and anonymously at that :eek: some of these posters kill me.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sounds like one of Alvin's backup singers on his Gospel Records which are slowly making their way to the CCM charts but I digress. Didn't Tony Keeton go to Maranatha for a while? I thought all the WHBC/OBC crew jumped ship to Heartland/Southwest as it appears Justin Waters has and the "Faithful and Loyal" Jon Shaver is still claiming WHBC and Vineyard as his home/hero.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:

Sounds like one of Alvin's backup singers on his Gospel Records which are slowly making their way to the CCM charts but I digress. Didn't Tony Keeton go to Maranatha for a while? I thought all the WHBC/OBC crew jumped ship to Heartland/Southwest as it appears Justin Waters has and the "Faithful and Loyal" Jon Shaver is still claiming WHBC and Vineyard as his home/hero.

Alvin, alvin, alvin...

Boy do you like to troll with lots of incorrect information.

I would say if I am having a bad day I can count on a good laugh when you post something.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:

No. The Tony Keeton family attended a different church after the Vineyard fiasco. They've since moved to Tennessee where he assumed a pastorate.

I give Tony and his family big kudos for leaving as they did.  Hard to do when there is family involved.

Just me said:
I give Tony and his family big kudos for leaving as they did.  Hard to do when there is family involved.

Tony is an awesome guy . Lots of respect for him !!

HeathenGirl said:
okay, so here's the deal, i'm not gonna tell you my actual name and your not gonna ask me . I'm not a christian and dont worry, i wont ever claim to be. My dad went to obc which im not really sure if he gradguated or not,but anyway. when i was a senior in high school we went to this church for barely a month, the name of that church was maranatha baptist church of something, in bethany ok. i swear, those people are the most gossiping people i have ever met. they told my dad how that they had this sunday school teacher who had mental issues and when my dad confronted the supposed nut case about it, he told my dad that there was nothing wrong with him and honestly, why would a church have a sunday school teacher for a nutcase? boggles my mind. then i asked this mexican guy, who is the assistant pastor about him and he told me the same thing, basically, "hes crazy". so I went up to the guy and told him what he had told me and i was like, why are you even in a place that doesnt even want you? like for real, they talk all this crap about you and from talking to you, i can even tell that theres nothing wrong with you, he just said thats them. my dad later told me that obc is a lot like that and they talk crap about people to either control them or to get rid of them.

so yeah, maranatha baptist church of whatever, lets not m33t @g@in. theres my ifb cult experience

-heathengirl

First of all, welcome to the forum!

I found it hard to follow your post.

I want to point out that IFB is not a cult, but there are bad men who have taken IFB churches and turned them into cults, or near-cults.  That makes the men evil, not every IFB church.  A true IFB church is about Jesus Christ, and growing people in grace. There are certainly ones where the "church" becomes about the pastor instead of Jesus Christ.  I've been in such churches, and have heard about them.

Let me take a guess you are known as MacKenzie Rodriguez

HeathenGirl said:

-heathengirl

So is Keeton the best Principal/Youth Directer in the history of WHBC? He did a really good live version of "In right, Downright, Upright"