My Dad died

MrsRow

Elect
Reaction score
Hey ya'll.
my Dad went to be with the Lord last Saturday.
He died at my nephews wedding reception.  He was 80 years old, had 2 previous heart attacks.
I'm at total peace with his home going.
But i've never had a parent die before and i'm feeling sort of lost as far as the whole funeral thing.
I'm the youngest of 4 and my older siblings & step mom seem to be handling everything.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
what do i want to make sure i do or don't do?
My Dad and I attended church several times together and we both enjoyed talking about the Lord and Gods word.
I will really miss hearing my Dad pray.

My dad has been gone for 5 years and I miss him everyday.He loved his family and taught us how to work hard... my prayers are with you

Losing a parent is difficult in so many ways.  No matter what your relationship with him was, it is the end of an era.  A generation before you has passed.

Having older siblings is a blessing because they will be handling the arrangements.  As far as advice, I suggest you spend the days leading up to the funeral talking about your father with your family.  Relive the special times, talk about the memories that stand out  as well as some of the day to day recollections. 

I am so sorry for your loss.  May the Lord comfort you.

MrsRow said:
Hey ya'll.
my Dad went to be with the Lord last Saturday.
He died at my nephews wedding reception.  He was 80 years old, had 2 previous heart attacks.
I'm at total peace with his home going.
But i've never had a parent die before and i'm feeling sort of lost as far as the whole funeral thing.
I'm the youngest of 4 and my older siblings & step mom seem to be handling everything.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
what do i want to make sure i do or don't do?
My Dad and I attended church several times together and we both enjoyed talking about the Lord and Gods word.
I will really miss hearing my Dad pray.

Even after a few years after this happened to me it's hard to advise. Try not to worry about all the uncertainties, life has changed for you, you will adjust with this as he likely once did.  Praise God you have hope of seeing your father someday. Prayed!

Not been through that yet, but prayers for you.

Been through it with both parents, JrChurch had some great advice. And it is always nice to have older siblings. I am the youngest of 7, and I just did what everyone told me to do! :)

Prayers are with you!

So Sorry for your loss Mrs. Row! Praying for you and your family!

My wife lost both of her parents in the past two years. Her dad died about a year ago and was 91. You know it is going to happen but nothing can prepare you for it. I will still come home sometimes and catch her crying.

She says she does not understand how 2 people can live and breathe and  have lives and just like that be gone like they never existed. We know what you are going through.

Sorry for your loss, but will be praying for you and yours.