My facebook friends are getting feisty!!!

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
... are yours?

Today, I have two libs react in two different ways: "I am shutting this down for awhile." another said, ""A basket of deplorables"...sometimes the truth hurts. If the shoe fits, wear it. If not don't be offended."

FSSL said:
... are yours?

Today, I have two libs react in two different ways: "I am shutting this down for awhile." another said, ""A basket of deplorables"...sometimes the truth hurts. If the shoe fits, wear it. If not don't be offended."

Not that I noticed. I don't have Facebook.

Tim said:
Not that I noticed. I don't have Facebook.

I get that. I started to use facebook way back in 2006. Just for business. THEN... my college roomies found me and now here I am.

I have a facebook page to sell equipment. I just had a 45 minute discussion and may be selling quite a bit of stuff to a guy outside Oklahoma City. So, facebook is ROCKIN' today! :D

Yes, I've had several finally notice that I'm not a Commie...

earnestly contend

Not a ton of that in my Feed.  I did reply to one person that "Basket of Deplorables" sounds like something I'd order from Amazon.

There's a LOT more of the ridiculous jingoistic anti-Kaepernic ranting.  So far I've mostly ignored it.

vaccinate or not to vaccinate that has been the question.

The depth of the emotions caught me by surprise.

subllibrm said:

What, you don't appreciate people wishing that your family would die, because you don't inject them with diseases?

earnestly contend

prophet said:
subllibrm said:

What, you don't appreciate people wishing that your family would die, because you don't inject them with diseases?

earnestly contend

Both sides seem to think the other is intent on destroying the health/life of their children.

subllibrm said:
prophet said:
subllibrm said:

earnestly contend

Both sides seem to think the other is intent on destroying the health/life of their children.
I think that people who get vaccines are duped, not diabolical.

None of mine, my wife included, have been, and I served, so I've been hit w/everything.
I'm the only one who gets ill in my house.

earnestly contend

subllibrm said:

No white-coated shaman is going to sap and impurify my precious bodily fluids,  I tell you whut.

prophet said:
subllibrm said:
prophet said:
subllibrm said:
earnestly contend
None of mine, my wife included, have been, and I served, so I've been hit w/everything.
I'm the only one who gets I'll, in my house.

earnestly contend
I respect peoples right to decline vaccinations on religious grounds, but I don't see any down side to having them. The industrialized has benefited greatly from vaccinations. We have greatly reduced & even eliminated some of the worst diseases through mass vaccinations. As long as those who decline remains low there is no issue.

sword said:
prophet said:
subllibrm said:
prophet said:
subllibrm said:
earnestly contend
I'm the only one who gets I'll, in my house.

earnestly contend
I respect peoples right to decline vaccinations on religious grounds, but I don't see any down side to having them. The industrialized has benefited greatly from vaccinations. We have greatly reduced & even eliminated some of the worst diseases through mass vaccinations. As long as those who decline remains low there is no issue.
Thanks for the gov propaganda infomercial.

earnestly contend

LOL!!! From facebook to immunizations in one thread! FFF rocks! :D

I have no skin in the game here except for the health of my family & loved ones.

This is basic 7th grade statistics. Look at the rate of any illness, before and after we widely immunize for it. Take a look at an illness like smallpox, we wiped it off the face of the earth. Small pox only exists in labs because nearly everyone globally was immunized for it. Do you think it just decided to kill itself off. Illnesses that wiped out 10% of the worlds population are now rarely seen.

You can also track the the outbreak rates of small pox as we moved across the globe and eliminated it. If you track the outbreak rates in countries before and after mass immunization the data speaks for itself. In countries & regions where vaccines became scarce some the outbreaks returned. It's estimated the big 6 immunizations save close to 6 million lives each year.

Even large autism organizations like Autism Speaks & Action for Autism acknowledge, based on the latest data, there does not appear to be a link between immunizations & autism.

Couldn't go to school without that small pox scar on your arm when I was a kid. Mine was pretty cool because of how it stretched my freckles. And you could tell which kids picked their's because he scar was deeper and rougher.

And who didn't have at least one kid in class that had dug at their chicken pox and ended up with moon crater scars all over their face? Haven't seen that in years.

Stood in line with all the other school kids to get one shot or another until junior high. That is when you started getting them from the health department or the family doctor.

Old enough to remember many of my parents and grandparents friends with withered limbs from polio. Thankful to have dodged that bullet.

All of this reminds me, I need to get my flu shot.  ;D

FSSL said:
We are still on track, kinda.

This is one subject that FB is gettin feisty over.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
FSSL said:

earnestly contend

That and breast feeding.  Although it seems to only be feisty on one side. I have no idea who they are "fighting" with.

BTW I am thinking of taking selfies of me chewing with my mouth open. After all it's natural and a guy has to eat.  :D

subllibrm said:
prophet said:
FSSL said:

earnestly contend

That and breast feeding.  Although it seems to only be feisty on one side. I have no idea who they are "fighting" with.

BTW I am thinking of taking selfies of me chewing with my mouth open. After all it's natural and a guy has to eat.  :D
Just don't do it in front of a Trump sign, or while the National Anthem is being played somewhere...

earnestly contend