Name of Apartments?

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Had lunch with an old HAC friend.  Mentioned that they had looked at an apartment that was close to the church downtown.

They were, possibly, 8 stories high (or so).  Low-income, possibly Section 8 housing.  Several HAC families lived there.

She can't remember the apartment names.

Anyone?

Twisted said:
Had lunch with an old HAC friend.  Mentioned that they had looked at an apartment that was close to the church downtown.

They were, possibly, 8 stories high (or so).  Low-income, possibly Section 8 housing.  Several HAC families lived there.

Anyone?
Renaissance? Those were directly North of the church.

qwerty said:
Twisted said:

Anyone?

She said they were north of the church.  This was around 79-80ish.

They are literally across the tracks North of Willow Court. Couple of towers and some smaller two or three story apartments. 

qwerty said:
Twisted said:

Anyone?

Yes, I believe you are right!

See 16KJV11 for your prize!

The Meadows were directly north of the tracks from the church....many HAC families lived there in the 70's and 80's.
I believe that Renaissance is the newer name for the same complex

tobytyler said:
The Meadows were directly north of the tracks from the church....many HAC families lived there in the 70's and 80's.
I believe that Renaissance is the newer name for the same complex
You are correct.
The Meadows (we called em "the ghettos") were renamed "The Rennasiance Towers".

They were the original married dorms, before they got too dangerous for sane people to dwell therein.

Many of my friends lived there, in the late 70's through the mid 80's.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Baptist City Holdout said:
WESLEY said:
And then, the Greenbriar Apartments :)
When we were engaged,  my now wife said she would NOT live at Greenbriar. Too many HACkers to know our business!

Where were these located?

Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
When we were engaged,  my now wife said she would NOT live at Greenbriar. Too many HACkers to know our business!
Hessville part of Hanmond. May be able to be more specific, but that's another post.

Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
Hessville part of Hanmond. May be able to be more specific, but that's another post.
https://www.apartmentratings.com/in/hammond/greenbriar-apartments_219845607046323/