Need more prayer

The Rogue Tomato

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I finally got a job (4 months with the possibility of becoming permanent) in Round Rock TX.  I start next week. 

But nobody will rent me an apartment because my background check says I was evicted from the house I allowed to go into foreclosure.  I wasn't evicted.  The bank said it would foreclose in February 2010, so I moved out in January 2010.  Then they didn't foreclose until February 2011.  I hadn't lived there for a year. 

I told the apartments to call my current landlord to confirm that I moved in January 2010, but they won't take that for an answer.  If the record says "eviction" it's an automatic rejection, even if the record is inaccurate.

It might be something I can fix through the courts, but not in time to start living and working in Round Rock, TX.  It would be an impossible commute.

I need a miracle.

I'm willing to live in "slums" apartments that don't care as much, but I haven't found any yet. 

I will pray that you find a place to live.  I've been praying that you find a job and God has answered that prayer.  That encourages me to believe that he will answer this prayer too. 

Rest assured of our prayers for you ... and in the days ahead.  Please keep us posted.  We will check back regularly for updates and to give you assurances of our ongoing prayer support! 

Tomatoe ....God can and will take care of you...........I'm proof only in America you can lose everything and start again. My prayers are with you

Thank you all for your prayer!  We finally found a decent apartment today that approved our application.  (We had to pay an extra deposit, but it's worth it.)  We move in next Wednesday!  We have a lot of stuff in San Antonio we can't take with us, so if anyone wants it, all you have to do is haul it away.  Sample list:

Rider mower (needs new blades, fresh gasoline, and put some green goop in the tires so they'll inflate again).
Tall dresser.
Leather sofa that needs repair (some springs have sprung). 
Some metal shelves. 
Electric push mower (if my neighbor doesn't want it).
Assorted gardening tools.
Yamaha Synthesizer (pretty high end model). 
Two oak book shelves (tall and short)
A twin bed frame (was my daughter's when she was younger).
More.

All free, but I will accept donations. 

Well, praise God!  I love it when He answers prayer so quickly!  Of course, we know His timing is always perfect!!

Congrats on the new job.  I pray our Lord will afford you many opportunities to shine His light.

Glad you are hearing good news. I might actually be in San Antonio in a few months. Maybe there's a good meetup spot for lunch or something. :)

rsc2a said:
Glad you are hearing good news. I might actually be in San Antonio in a few months. Maybe there's a good meetup spot for lunch or something. :)

LOL by then I'll be in Round Rock (about 2 hours north of San Antonio, if you include the perpetual traffic through Austin).  But we can meet somewhere in-between, I think. 

I just got an email that said my background check includes a fraud alert, so I needed to prove my identity and address.  That was easy to do, but I can't help but wonder why all these false reports about me are in my record.  I haven't the slightest clue about anything I've ever done that could be considered fraud (except maybe pretend to be intelligent).

Ah. Google said it was about an hour apart.

rsc2a said:
Ah. Google said it was about an hour apart.

There's a section of Austin on Rt 35 that is ALWAYS slow.  You/we can take the Rt 130 toll road which is much, much faster. 

We are ABSOLUTELY THRILLED!!

Congratulations ... Our prayer today is that your move will be smooth and that soon you will be settled in your new home.

Give us an update when you can..........I've been praying! Texas is a great place to live and visit :)

Sherryh said:
Give us an update when you can..........I've been praying! Texas is a great place to live and visit :)

LOL - I answered in the other thread.  Texas is a so-so place to live, IMO.  Round Rock, TX, on the other hand, seems to be a very nice place to live.  The people are much friendlier than they were in San Antonio.  Random people of all types and ages strike up conversations with me at the grocery store.  Nothing like that ever happened in San Antonio.  And there's a wonderful Chinese grocery 20 minutes away.  My wife REALLY appreciates that.  There were 4 or more Asian groceries in San Antonio, but you never knew which one stocked the item you were looking for that day, so we could spend hours going from one to the next looking for something.  The grocery here seems fully stocked every visit. 

And it's prettier here.  More green than San Antonio.  Fewer mangled oaks, and lots of cedar (bad for allergies, but prettier than those awful oaks). 

And they actually grow things (mostly corn) here.  I'm hoping the farmer's market is worth visiting.  We've missed it so far (it's only open Saturday mornings).