new Ass't Pastor at FBC

brainisengaged

Elect
Reaction score
It was announced on Facebook today (but not at church yesterday...) that Mark Bosje will be leaving Team Thailand (which will be taken over by a Mr. Shook) and will join the pastoral staff at First Baptist Church, Hammond.

He is the missionary most famous for turning his life over to Jack Schaap. He is second-most famous for defiantly announcing, when he was asked to preach shortly after the JS scandal broke, that he would not throw away the books of Jack Schaap (as he heard some were doing) but would also be re-reading them a.s.a.p.

So, he is now an assistant pastor at FBC Hammond.

brainisengaged said:
It was announced on Facebook today (but not at church yesterday...) that Mark Bosje will be leaving Team Thailand (which will be taken over by a Mr. Shook) and will join the pastoral staff at First Baptist Church, Hammond.

He is the missionary most famous for turning his life over to Jack Schaap. He is second-most famous for defiantly announcing, when he was asked to preach shortly after the JS scandal broke, that he would not throw away the books of Jack Schaap (as he heard some were doing) but would also be re-reading them a.s.a.p.

Now that sounds like a real life Stinkin' HACker! :-\

Who's place is he taking or are they adding more?  Just what FBC needs, more people.  Hope he memorizes all JS books because JW will not tolerate loyalty to JS. 

Still There said:
Who's place is he taking or are they adding more?  Just what FBC needs, more people.  Hope he memorizes all JS books because JW will not tolerate loyalty to JS.

I have no idea if he is taking anyone's place or just being added. The announcement on FBC's facebook page wasn't that specific, LOL!

Do you know this about JW not tolerating loyalty to JS? Not tolerating loyalty to him as a person or to his ways of doing things at church?

fishinnut said:
brainisengaged said:

Now that sounds like a real life Stinkin' HACker! :-\

I second the motion!

The missionary business just ain't what it used to be.

brainisengaged said:

Didn't the new pastor at FBCH just go over there to visit recently?

I'd go half way around the world to make sure I got that HACker for another assistant.

So - The stinkin' HACker loves JS and thinks the world of JS.  So...FBC ships him to Thailand.  JW has to visit the Thailand team because one of their former members is going to jail for molesting children.  JW brings the stinkin' loyal HACker back and ships off a Shook.

The place is just nuts.

Which Shook is going?

brainisengaged said:
That would be Tim Shook.

Tim Shook, brother to Amber Shook Bosje, wife of Mark Bosje.

Binaca Chugger said:
So - The stinkin' HACker loves JS and thinks the world of JS.  So...FBC ships him to Thailand.  JW has to visit the Thailand team because one of their former members is going to jail for molesting children.  JW brings the stinkin' loyal HACker back and ships off a Shook.

The place is just nuts.

Which Shook is going?
Well, technically, he's not "going.'' He's already there. He's been on the team for a few years now I believe.

Re: Mark Bosje

I still remember the feeling I had when I heard him say what he said about JS's books. Was watching the service on the internet. Very glad I was not at the service that evening. That instance was just one of the several that have taken place over the past year-and-a-half that have made me wonder if real change is actually happening... Is the church seeing the big picture? Or are they just stuck in their old ways, only now we're nicer about it. Not mean like JS:)

The first time I heard Bosje he was a missionary in New Zealand and the reason he stuck out to me was that they had a personal assistant on missionary support with them who taught their children and helped out. When he decided to leave his "calling" to New Zealand in order to "serve with JS" his personal assistant came with the family. Now FBC'ers; Does anyone know if she is coming back with the Bosje's or is she staying in Thailand?

By the way, I am not at all implying that there is anything wrong here.  I just thought it was a bit unusual for a missionary to be a missionary to the misssionaries.

BALAAM said:
The first time I heard Bosje he was a missionary in New Zealand and the reason he stuck out to me was that they had a personal assistant on missionary support with them who taught their children and helped out. When he decided to leave his "calling" to New Zealand in order to "serve with JS" his personal assistant came with the family. Now FBC'ers; Does anyone know if she is coming back with the Bosje's or is she staying in Thailand?

By the way, I am not at all implying that there is anything wrong here.  I just thought it was a bit unusual for a missionary to be a missionary to the misssionaries.

I've known the woman you reference here for 25 years. We actually went to high school together in a different dispensation. She knows I do not agree with her chosen choice of ministry, but I can also say unhesitatingly that not only is her character above reproach, so is her genuine desire to minister on the mission field. Yes, she has spent much time with the Bosje family, but she also does an extensive amount of ministry outside of the family. I fully expect her to remain on the mission field. She served in Africa for years before she had any connection to the Bosje's, and her heart is in missions. From her perspective it is difficult for a single lady to serve in an IFB missions environment unless she attaches herself tightly to some already extant ministry. But rest assured, ministry is what she is doing, and she has done it for decades with not a hint of reproach.

Tom Brennan said:
BALAAM said:

I've known the woman you reference here for 25 years. We actually went to high school together in a different dispensation. She knows I do not agree with her chosen choice of ministry, but I can also say unhesitatingly that not only is her character above reproach, so is her genuine desire to minister on the mission field. Yes, she has spent much time with the Bosje family, but she also does an extensive amount of ministry outside of the family. I fully expect her to remain on the mission field. She served in Africa for years before she had any connection to the Bosje's, and her heart is in missions. From her perspective it is difficult for a single lady to serve in an IFB missions environment unless she attaches herself tightly to some already extant ministry. But rest assured, ministry is what she is doing, and she has done it for decades with not a hint of reproach.

Tom, you are 100% right and I never wanted anyone to think anything otherwise.

Tom Brennan said:
BALAAM said:

I can support Tom on this. I have known this girl most of her life.

She has a very good report among those who know her unlike our two former pastors.

I'm talking about those close to her.

I have known her to be a humble committed servant of Christ.

If there was anything untoward going on it would be circulating via the grape vine, all is quiet.

Beat up our former pastors, but not this girl.