Next week, the following will take place...

BandGuy

Elect
Reaction score
1.  The Southern Baptist Convention will expel another apostate Church from the Convention as they have done before.
2.  The lost world will paint us as demonic, bigoted, hate mongers.
3.  The IFBXers will paint us as demonic, liberal compromisers.
4.  Many Southern Baptists will have their resolve shaken.
5.  We will face financial ruin as more Churches capitulate on the Scripture.
6.  Those who hold fast and persevere to the end will see the beginning of persecution.
7.  God will eventually wipe every tear from our eyes and deliver His Church.

What will you do?  Prove the world right by showing hatred towards the homosexuals?  Throw stones at the SBC because you think they are bigots?  Throw stones at the SBC because you don't think we went far enough?  Will you waver in your faith in God and capitulate?  Will you hold fast till the end and face persecution like a Christian?  Will you pray for us and encourage us to hold fast to the truth revealed in Scripture?  How will we respond?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqY-PUcBJtc

BandGuy said:

I guess I'd better join a SB church.

BandGuy said:
1.  The Southern Baptist Convention will expel another apostate Church from the Convention as they have done before.
6.  Those who hold fast and persevere to the end will see the beginning of persecution.

What will you do? Prove the world right by showing hatred towards the homosexuals?  Throw stones at the SBC because you think they are bigots?  Throw stones at the SBC because you don't think we went far enough?  Will you waver in your faith in God and capitulate?  Will you hold fast till the end and face persecution like a Christian?  Will you pray for us and encourage us to hold fast to the truth revealed in Scripture?  How will we respond?

If you want standards, you won't find it in these secular associations/organizations.
I agree it hurt the cause of Christ (which I suspect is a concern of yours)
It's not a Church so there is no church discipline when certain expectations are not met, just opinions of how to handle it.
I will pray you support your church in departing the SBC  if you like :) I'll pray, anytime, for you personally.

Biker said:
BandGuy said:

What will you do? Prove the world right by showing hatred towards the homosexuals?  Throw stones at the SBC because you think they are bigots?  Throw stones at the SBC because you don't think we went far enough?  Will you waver in your faith in God and capitulate?  Will you hold fast till the end and face persecution like a Christian?  Will you pray for us and encourage us to hold fast to the truth revealed in Scripture?  How will we respond?

If you want standards, you won't find it in these secular associations/organizations.
I agree it hurt the cause of Christ (which I suspect is a concern of yours)
It's not a Church so there is no church discipline when certain expectations are not met, just opinions of how to handle it.
I will pray you support your church in departing the SBC  if you like :) I'll pray, anytime, for you personally.

I do not support this apostate Church.  I do support their expulsion and hope and pray that one day, God will grant them the mercy and grace of repentance.

BandGuy said:

Just a note here:
Just four short years ago, the 'world' wouldn't care about the Christian's stand on sodomites.
The sodomites and a few select sodomite sympathizers would care.
Now it is practically a crime to have this stand.
We knew it was coming, but it is still astounding. :mad:

16KJV11 said:
BandGuy said:

Just a note here:
Just four short years ago, the 'world' wouldn't care about the Christian's stand on sodomites.
The sodomites and a few select sodomite sympathizers would care.
Now it is practically a crime to have this stand.
We knew it was coming, but it is still astounding. :mad:

Textbook example of "slippery slope".

BandGuy said:
What will you do?

We're not Southern Baptist, but we've already made our position clear.

We resolve that as a matter of belief, doctrine and religious practice, the Church reserves the term “marriage” for the covenant relationship between one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others.
(Genesis 2:22-24; Matthew 19:4-6)

I guess the advantage, if you can call it that, of living in a more liberal country is that we've already had a few more years to think some of these issues through rather than go into crisis mode.

[quote author=Ransom]I guess the advantage, if you can call it that, of living in a more liberal country is that we've already had a few more years to think some of these issues through rather than go into crisis mode.[/quote]

Clearly God has already rained down fire and brimstone on the Great White North for their apostasy. :)