NFL ratings slide due to national anthem protests?

Recovering IFB said:
Isn't it ironic, dontchya think?

It is ironic that some pay lip service to 'social justice' while accusing others of worshipping conservative politics. Yet those who worship conservative politics... (which is a euphemism for heartless and cruel)...actually spend time, money and effort helping those that liberal's bemoan as being oppressed.
Ironic indeed!

Tarheel Baptist said:
It is ironic that some pay lip service to 'social justice' while accusing others of worshipping conservative politics. Yet those who worship conservative politics... (which is a euphemism for heartless and cruel)...actually spend time, money and effort helping those that liberal's bemoan as being oppressed.
Ironic indeed!
And here is where you come to defend your god. So, how are you going to fair when you political god lets you down again?
You have not looked to the Gospel of Christ, your god promises you freedom, tax breaks and yet while it hunts down and kills certain people of our society, you are being amused by the political god as you worship her soldiers,(the police) and defend them at every turn.

We have no king but Caesar......

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Ironic indeed!
And here is where you come to defend your god. So, how are you going to fair when you political god lets you down again?
You have not looked to the Gospel of Christ, your god promises you freedom, tax breaks and yet while it hunts down and kills certain people of our society, you are being amused by the political god as you worship her soldiers,(the police) and defend them at every turn.

Again, you deflect the argument to your ignorant and deceitful straw man about 'my god'. You are either ignorant or dishonest.

I repeat, the irony here is that we actually offer real help to those you offer lip service to...on the Internet. Go back and read the passage in James again.  ;)

The very fact that your defense is that you are "doing  something" while making an assertion that I am not, is illogical, it's like trying to prove a negative.  Again, I repeat. I am only going off of the post that you posted.  That is the only thing that I have of substance. Your issues that you point to time and time again is with government. The problem with and solution to is with government. Again I ask, have you looked at you threads you have started? Your conclusions always point to a political solution. Hate to break it to ya', YOU are the liberal. You neither have at anytime pointed to a solution for your arguments from SCRIPTURE upon the issue dealing with the police shootings in the AA communities. Your explanation. "Liberal policies". And you said "they agreed". Where is the Gospel in that?

Recovering IFB said:
The very fact that your defense is that you are "doing  something" while making an assertion that I am not, is illogical, it's like trying to prove a negative.  Again, I repeat. I am only going off of the post that you posted.  That is the only thing that I have of substance. Your issues that you point to time and time again is with government. The problem with and solution to is with government. Again I ask, have you looked at you threads you have started? Your conclusions always point to a political solution. Hate to break it to ya', YOU are the liberal. You neither have at anytime pointed to a solution for your arguments from SCRIPTURE upon the issue dealing with the police shootings in the AA communities. Your explanation. "Liberal policies". And you said "they agreed". Where is the Gospel in that?

You are the progressive who, following YOUR logic, worships social justice, believes the government is god...it has all of the answers and you believe all policemen are simply in it to perpetrate violence on innocent bystanders...shooting them while they say 'hands up, don't shoot'.
You see, I can do that too!  ;)

Our ministry has been involved in outreach to the poor, the disadvantaged for many, many years.
I mention it here to show the fallacy of your (and Smelli's) liberal drivel.
I DO believe that gubmit policies are designed (purposefully or not) to keep the poor dependent on them..and in that way, they work very well. Liberal politicians come out once a year, usually on National Night Out for photo OP's.
Our people are there week after week, year after year.
liberals give lip service, but nothing changes...exhibit A is the Obama administration's policies for 8 years and blacks and poor people are worse off today than they were 8 years ago. We offer a hand up and not just a hand out...and we have seen great response from the people we minister to, as they have received the Gospel and had help in finding meaningful employment. We also offer a safety net in the interim.

Come down here sometime and i'll give you a guided tour of our ministry that is truly rewarding.

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Ironic indeed!

I'm sure that he will fare fairly.

earnestly contend

These people are obviously racists, bigots and homophobes:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/national-anthem-protests-cause-nfl-ratings-to-plummet-w446088

Tarheel Baptist said:
These people are obviously racists, bigots and homophobes:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/national-anthem-protests-cause-nfl-ratings-to-plummet-w446088

Truly a stadium full of deplorables.

I won't watch football, and it has little to do with player's actions during the anthem.  It has everything to do with how the league responded to two situations, one of which is the anthem.  The second situation was players wanting to display some sort of tribute to victims and responders on the anniversary of 9/11.

If sitting or kneeling during the anthem is protected free speech (and it is), then why would the league threaten fines for the other?  That's when they declared themselves partisan and unworthy of support. 

This SI article has a list of reasons they think NFL ratings are down.
Most make sense to me.
http://www.si.com/nfl/photo/2016/10/20/nfl-television-ratings-decline-causes

10. Concussions
9. The crackdown on celebrations
8. The Cubs' playoff run
7. Daily fantasy sports bans
6. Officiating
5. Increases in competition and cord cutting
4. National anthem protests
3. Over saturation
2. Lack of star-studded matchups
1. The presidential election

sword said:
Most make sense to me.

10. Concussions
8. The Cubs' playoff run
6. Officiating
3. Over saturation

A Top Ten list Letterman would be proud of.

Twisted said:
sword said:
Most make sense to me.

10. Concussions
8. The Cubs' playoff run
6. Officiating
3. Over saturation

A Top Ten list Letterman would be proud of.
Letterman ?

Is he a preacher or evangelist?

Smellin Coffee said:
Ransom said:
One, the opinions of professional football players are approximately as useful as the opinions of adolescents.

But as an American, there is a right to protest. If someone wants to kneel during the National Anthem because they think they should not be required to get a license to fish, that is there right.

Absolutely.  And the rest of us have a right to consider such a person a whiny ingrate who should be booted out of the country.

And an employer has the right to fire (or in this case fine) any employee who costs the business money do to their actions. If the employees contract does not allow such displays then they can fine or fire the employees.

I think the NFL is spineless to allow such action. What the players choose to do on their own time is their business.

sword said:
Most make sense to me.

10. Concussions
8. The Cubs' playoff run
6. Officiating
3. Over saturation

That's why SI ain't what they use'd to be. They're clueless

Walt said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Ransom said:
One, the opinions of professional football players are approximately as useful as the opinions of adolescents.

But as an American, there is a right to protest. If someone wants to kneel during the National Anthem because they think they should not be required to get a license to fish, that is there right.

Absolutely.  And the rest of us have a right to consider such a person a whiny ingrate who should be booted out of the country.

Yep. That is a right as well. :)