Not Just IFBs that have illegal sex problems, top Catholics this time.

bgwilkinson

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
VATICAN CITY (AP) -- Cardinal George Pell, one of Pope Francis' top advisers, took a leave of absence as the Vatican's financial czar on Thursday to fight multiple criminal charges in his native Australia that allege he committed sexual assault years ago.
39d73ac93ddd4f988a4ae4a54f0264d6_0-small.jpg

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_AUSTRALIA_CARDINAL_CHARGED?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-06-28-20-16-34

It would be easier to list Catholic priests who are NOT sexual deviants.

Ransom said:
All this story proves is that the IFBs had good teachers.

Ransom, having grown up in the IFB movement, I have to say that the church I grew up in covered up sexual sin every chance it got. Don't get me wrong, I loved my pastor, and I believe that he wanted to try and do the right thing, but he didn't always do so. He was persuaded by others in our church to "protect the church first" under the line of thought of "protecting the name of Jesus Christ", which was totally crazy. It would have been more reasonable and honest of him to have come out in the light of day and named what the sin was. I'm sure that ALL of the people involved had been spoken to several times. I know that I personally went to the pastor about a teacher having an affair with my girlfriend, who was assisting him in several projects along with another young lady from the youth group. When I found out I was heartbroken, angry and  went to the pastor. It took two years before ANYTHING was done about the man, and that was only because he made the papers in the area because he had "peeped" on a young lady who was using the bathroom in the cornfields where we were detasseling corn. Plus another teacher had caught him in another illegal sexual situation and the pastor was finally FORCED to fire him, but, of course, he did so quietly. This was about the time of the beginning of the Hyles debacle. The Baptists need to face the fact that they have a problem with sex in the churches. And, if they already KNOW IT, they need to bring it to light unless the sinners themselves bring it before the church. JMHO

BT