NRA Membership

HereIStand

Elect
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just joined the NRA, even though I own only one old shotgun in need of repair. Guess I just need to learn how to dip snuff now.  :D Seriously though, the boycott hysteria is going too far. My brother-in-law works for FedEx, and they're being targeted as one of the few companies not to wilt under the pressure.  Any NRA members out there?

I am thinking of joining myself

I don't see how the NRA is at fault; the problem is the wicked heart of mankind.  Even if there were no guns to be had by the "bad guys", they would still use box cutters, or knives, or clubs, or baseball bats... are we going to ban people owning a bat?

I'm a member,  but be prepared to get nothing but phone calls and letters requesting more money from you in addition to your annual dues.  I've already told them to stop calling me, but I still get flooded with the letters.

I also get letters about every other month telling me my membership is due for renewal, even though I don't have to renew until October.  I'm sure that more than a few have fallen for that trick.

FreeToBeMe said:
I'm a member,  but be prepared to get nothing but phone calls and letters requesting more money from you in addition to your annual dues.  I've already told them to stop calling me, but I still get flooded with the letters.

I also get letters about every other month telling me my membership is due for renewal, even though I don't have to renew until October.  I'm sure that more than a few have fallen for that trick.

I was a member way back when and let it lapse for this very reason. I also found LaPierre's demagoguery to be too much for my tastes.

subllibrm said:
I was a member way back when and let it lapse for this very reason. I also found LaPierre's demagoguery to be too much for my tastes.
Yeah, I get so much crap email from them that I had to set it to go automatically to my spam folder.

The only reason I keep mine up is because the shooting competitions I participate in require NRA membership.  There are many members at the gun club who feel the same way. 

4everfsu said:
I am thinking of joining myself

What happened to the secondary separation you learned at BJU?
Kompromiser.

I wouldn't join or support the NRA, for this reason:

When Brasy began shilling for violating the 2nd Amendment, the NRA launched an ad campaign, for "sport hunting" as the reason for rifle ownership.

1. The 2nd ammendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.
2. I am morally opposed to sport/trophy hunting.  But in a free society, I have no right to enforce that belief.
3. Just like when W claimed "weapons of mass destruction" as a reason for war with Iraq, claiming that we need rifles for sport hunting was stupid and wrong, and came back to bite us in the butt.

The ad campaign of late, has been much more reasonable, but i can't forget how that horrible one in the 80's led to Herr Reagan's treason.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Signed up with them a few years back to support their fight against the last Prez's policies but felt little benefit other than a sticker for my vehicle window which I did not use.  Too much mail, etc.  :-\

Joined last year, bought a discounted lifetime membership for $600.00. I purchased one for my son as well. We will receive the magazine and the $7,500 Gun Insurance for life plus we will be supporting those who defend our 2nd amendment rights.

sword said:
Joined last year, bought a discounted lifetime membership for $600.00. I purchased one for my son as well. We will receive the magazine and the $7,500 Gun Insurance for life plus we will be supporting those who defend our 2nd amendment rights.
I bought the five-year membership for $140.00. I'm getting the magazine and a gift bag. Thought about joining local range/gun club. Guess you can leave the gun there and use it when you come in.