Nuclear War is Inevitable

biscuit1953

Elect
Reaction score
I remember as a 9 year old boy hearing my parents discussing how we were on the brink of nuclear war with Russia in 1962 and remember going to bed that night very frightened.  I remember the drills of hiding under our desks at school should Russia decide to launch nuclear missles at the United States and the thoughts of devastation that would come to pass.  Nothing can stop the spread of nuclear weapons and eventually some rogue dictator like the one in North Korea will be the trigger that starts it all.  Of course we know how Revelation ends but left to our own devices mankind would destroy itself.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4413342/In-deadly-game-dare-Kim-Jong-suicide.html

To those who believe they are setting up the Kingdom here on earth by spreading the gospel and that peace will be accomplished before Christ returns;  you are living in la la land. 

I also remember my fear during the Cuban missile Crisis.

I was teaching Christian high school and was surprised to learn that many of my students were frightened at the thought of nuclear war.  Stressing that this was only THEORY, I explained that a catastrophic nuclear war would make living a Christian life impossible, and therefore it would not happen.

Over the next two weeks, a few parents laughingly approached me at church wanting to hear my funny theory. I realized that they really were frightened and didn't want to admit it.

Incidentally, I was right.

At least 2 more in the future.

A lot of us kids sang a song to the tune of "On Top of Old Smoky."

On Top of Old Smoky all covered with sand
I shot Mr.  Khrushchev with a red rubber band,

I shot him for pleasure
I shot him for fame,

And if I ever see him
I'ii shoot him again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_BKLpSFQg

John Wayne:  ?l wonder what scared him off?

James Stewart:  ?All right, you made your point. The gun scared him off.  Pompey's gun, your gun, Tom."

The only thing that stops evil dictators from enslaving the entire planet is another force just as strong or stronger to keep them in check. 

This illustrates the insanity of the liberal mindset.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/14/hollywood-director-josh-fox-moab-abomination-we-can-only-defeat-isis-love

biscuit1953 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_BKLpSFQg

John Wayne:  ?l wonder what scared him off?

James Stewart:  ?All right, you made your point. The gun scared him off.  Pompey's gun, your gun, Tom."

The only thing that stops evil dictators from enslaving the entire planet is another force just as strong or stronger to keep them in check. 

This illustrates the insanity of the liberal mindset.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/14/hollywood-director-josh-fox-moab-abomination-we-can-only-defeat-isis-love

Since when would a Hollywood Director represent what "liberals" think? He represents himself and that is just about it. I am sure that you don't agree with Obama on much but he sure did not agree with Josh Fox when Obama approved a 30 day airstrike mission against ISIS in Libya in August 2016.

biscuit1953 said:
To those who believe they are setting up the Kingdom here on earth by spreading the gospel and that peace will be accomplished before Christ returns;  you are living in la la land.

Though peace cannot be accomplished, we still need to seek it. The kingdom you speak of does not currently exist. God's kingdom is already in our midst though not of THIS world. ;)

The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, Nor will people say, 'Look, here it is,' or 'There it is.' For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

"My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm."

So we are to live as the kingdom exists among the people, but not live so as to establish a governmental kingdom as if it were God's. (Ahem, Republican Christians...)

Smellin Coffee said:
biscuit1953 said:

Though peace cannot be accomplished, we still need to seek it. The kingdom you speak of does not currently exist. God's kingdom is already in our midst though not of THIS world. ;)

The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, Nor will people say, 'Look, here it is,' or 'There it is.' For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

"My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm."

So we are to live as the kingdom exists among the people, but not live so as to establish a governmental kingdom as if it were God's. (Ahem, Republican Christians...)
My point was that those who believe in Postmillennialism generally believe they are setting up the Kingdom and that by good works and preaching the gospel this will bring about peace and the Second Coming of Christ.  That is the position of the Roman Catholic Church and also of many delusional Christians.  The world (age) will end with a violent conflict between Christ and the Antichrist with the Lord Himself setting up the Kingdom and only then reigning with a rod of iron for 1000 years. 

The Savoy Declaration of 1658 contains one of the earliest creedal statements of a postmillennial eschatology:

As the Lord in his care and love towards his Church, hath in his infinite wise providence exercised it with great variety in all ages, for the good of them that love him, and his own glory; so according to his promise, we expect that in the latter days, antichrist being destroyed, the Jews called, and the adversaries of the kingdom of his dear Son broken, the churches of Christ being enlarged, and edified through a free and plentiful communication of light and grace, shall enjoy in this world a more quiet, peaceable and glorious condition than they have enjoyed.[4]

The Bible clearly teaches that Christ Himself will set up the Kingdom and will reign personally for 1000 years.