OBC graduation

My personal opinion is that I hope they have neither.  That place has harmed so many over the years it is time for it to completely shutdown.  No more graduations and no more YC's until completely different leadership takes root.

They will have a graduation but it may only be a couple of graduates at most.

No Youth Conference there is not enough people left to even attempt to put one on.

According to the website they even had school of the prophets. Wonder if they streamed it. It's not called north south oddly.

Indifference engine said:
According to the website they even had school of the prophets. Wonder if they streamed it. It's not called north south oddly.

It is kind of hard to have a North/South Preacher Boy Battle when at most there is only like 4 guys. Unless you have the guys preach against the girls.

JustABigKid said:

It is kind of hard to have a North/South Preacher Boy Battle when at most there is only like 4 guys. Unless you have the guys preach against the girls.

And so ends the longest titled event in world history.
That joke never got old.

Went to the page and checked out the audio to a small degree.  Seems School of the Prophets is a free for all now a days and you can "preach" for as  long or as short as you choose.

Next step in the continued downward spiral of OBC, School of the Lady Prophets

Just me said:

Went to the page and checked out the audio to a small degree.  Seems School of the Prophets is a free for all now a days and you can "preach" for as  long or as short as you choose.

Next step in the continued downward spiral of OBC, School of the Lady Prophets

When you only have like maybe 4 people to preach you have to make it worth everybody's time so 5 minutes just isn't enough.

It is hilarious when I think back on how much JAV crowed how building the dorm building would draw in the male students to OBC.  He then went on about how the females would naturally follow.

OBC was running over 200 students in those days and now less than 10!

And now that dorm is a major financial millstone about their necks!

Just me said:
2.8 million  ish

My understanding is that ever since the Crownovers left that the kitchen is never used other than for basic items such as the fridge using the prep board etc. Apparently Mrs. Crownover was the only one certified to actually work in there.

Nice big kitchen and no one to run it. Now it waste away. The school kids (what few there are) use the old home ec kitchen in the school building.

I bet if they had someone pull out all that equipment they could sell it to a school that could actually use it and they would get a pretty penny for it.

JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
2.8 million  ish

My understanding is that ever since the Crownovers left that the kitchen is never used other than for basic items such as the fridge using the prep board etc. Apparently Mrs. Crownover was the only one certified to actually work in there.

Nice big kitchen and no one to run it. Now it waste away. The school kids (what few there are) use the old home ec kitchen in the school building.

I bet if they had someone pull out all that equipment they could sell it to a school that could actually use it and they would get a pretty penny for it.

For Tommy Boy to do that would be to admit the place has nose dived the rest of the way under his watch.  To much pride for that to happen.

The even sadder item is that after the building of the dorm and 15 years of "payments" the place is now 3.75 mill in the hole.

So yes, JustABigKid, you would think Tommy Boy would sell off what they can to pay down the debt.

And the magic number was............................................................................................2

They are doing better than i thought they would of financially. I guess I must of missed something, but then maybe me missing something is a good thing.

Less i know, less i can blames :) :p

Do they still do the alumni luncheon? If so I am very offend that I have not been invited for a couple years now!  ;)

JustABigKid said:
And the magic number was............................................................................................2

Just went to a graduation at a relatives house who homeschooled their kids and they had more than that!!

JustABigKid said:

Well if 2 graduated wouldn't that leave like may 3 or 3 students??

Could you imagine going off to a college that has less than 10 students.  (being nice there)

What a college experience that would be.

How do they even offer the classes necessary to graduate???

So now the real question becomes, "Will OBC open again this Fall or not?"

Just me said:
So now the real question becomes, "Will OBC open again this Fall or not?"

Fall2015-1140x475.jpg