Officer, finally, charged with murder

Recovering IFB

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/22/terence-crutcher-betty-shelby-manslaughter-tulsa

Let's hope that justice prevails.

she became ?emotionally involved to the point that she overreacted?

So unlike a woman.... Am I right? [emoji27]

qwerty said:
she became ?emotionally involved to the point that she overreacted?

So unlike a woman.... Am I right? [emoji27]
The fact of the matter is a woman has no business being a cop on the beat.  She stands no chance against the average criminal when it comes to a street fight.  Of course that isn't politically correct even among Christians but physical standards have been lowered across the board just for the purpose of hiring women. 

The only reason Judge Barnes is dead is because Atlanta police had a grandmother guarding a physically powerful criminal (Brian Nichols) who easily overpowered her and took her gun.  I have seen numerous videos on YouTube where female cops were unable to make what should be an easy arrest without a civilian coming to her aid and  in some cases even with two female cops working together. 

America is dying culturally and the demeaning of femininity and the attempt to erase all differences between men and women is seen in every aspect of society. 

I do have a problem with charging her criminally. 

We put our police on the street, tell them to uphold justice, protect themselves and others, and shoot when you have to.  We can't also give them the caveat that if they "mess up", they can be charged with murder or manslaughter. 

From what I can see, the shooting in Tulsa was not justifiable.  However, it was also not murder.  It was a poor decision made during a very stressful situation .  Thus, it should be treated as malpractice.  The city should make the victims families whole and the officer should be removed from the force for not doing her job properly.  We don't charge Doctors with murder if they kill a patient, even if it is due to their own incompetence.  We pay the family for their loss and the surgeon will lose his/her medical license. 

Calling this (or other recent controversies) murder and demanding criminal charges is the wrong way to address the problem. 

cpizzle said:
I do have a problem with charging her criminally. 

We put our police on the street, tell them to uphold justice, protect themselves and others, and shoot when you have to.  We can't also give them the caveat that if they "mess up", they can be charged with murder or manslaughter. 

From what I can see, the shooting in Tulsa was not justifiable.  However, it was also not murder.  It was a poor decision made during a very stressful situation .  Thus, it should be treated as malpractice.  The city should make the victims families whole and the officer should be removed from the force for not doing her job properly.  We don't charge Doctors with murder if they kill a patient, even if it is due to their own incompetence.  We pay the family for their loss and the surgeon will lose his/her medical license. 

Calling this (or other recent controversies) murder and demanding criminal charges is the wrong way to address the problem.

History shows that your complaint is not valid as police have been charged with crimes since the beginning.  The problem is that more need to be charged that are not.  Police "policing" themselves is a poor solution.

Doctors "practice" medicine.  Police do not "practice" law enforcement.  And yes, some doctors are charged with crimes.

Happy to see that recovering IBF continues his efforts to help the poor and downtrodden.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Happy to see that recovering IBF continues his efforts to help the poor and downtrodden.
When you give up the mark of the beast you so readily accepted with a gleefulness, and start to see this society for the wickedness that's is exasperated by the government that you are advocating, and stop trying to turn people into "conservative christians" and turn them to the true freedom in Christ, then maybe, just maybe, we'll start to see real repentance in your neck of the woods.
This is how the pulpits in Nee Rngland preached during the early years of our country,. Do you see any Republican Platform here?

"It is blasphemy to call tyrants and oppressors, God?s ministers. They are more properly the messengers of Satan to buffet us. No rulers are properly God?s ministers, but such as are just, ruling in the fear of God. When once magistrates act contrary to their office, and the end of their institution; when they rob and ruin the public, instead of being guardians of its peace and welfare; they immediately cease to be the ordinance and ministers of God; and no more deserve that glorious character than common pirates and highwaymen. So that whenever that argument for submission, fails, which is grounded upon the usefulness of magistracy to civil society, (as it always does when magistrates do hurt to society instead of good) the other argument, which is taken from their being the ordinance of God, must necessarily fail also; to person of a civil character being God?s minister, in the sense of the apostle, any farther than he performs God?s will, by exercising a just and reasonable authority; and ruling for the good of the subject.?. When magistrates rob and ruin the people, instead of being guardians of its peace and welfare, they immediately cease to be the ordinance and ministers of God, and no more deserve that glorious character than common pirates and highwaymen."
Jonathan Mayhew 1760, Boston Massachusetts

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, ?Go in peace, be warmed and filled,? without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
James 49 AD, Jerusalem

Tarheel Baptist said:
"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, ?Go in peace, be warmed and filled,? without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
James 49 AD, Jerusalem

In the context of the book, particularly the first two chapters, what sort of "works" do you think Jimmy had in mind?

NorrinRadd said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
James 49 AD, Jerusalem

In the context of the book, particularly the first two chapters, what sort of "works" do you think Jimmy had in mind?

Depends on what you think poorly clothed and lacking daily food might mean. To me it seems pretty obvious.

Tarheel Baptist said:
NorrinRadd said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
James 49 AD, Jerusalem

Depends on what you think poorly clothed and lacking daily food might mean. To me it seems pretty obvious.
Could mean that, could also mean Matthew 25:35-40, which could also mean Isaiah 1:17 "Learn to do right; seek justice.
    Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
    plead the case of the widow."

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
NorrinRadd said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
James 49 AD, Jerusalem

Could mean that, could also mean Matthew 25:35-40, which could also mean Isaiah 1:17 "Learn to do right; seek justice.
    Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
    plead the case of the widow."

I would assume he said exactly what he means.
Context is your hermeneutical friend.
But what he didn't mean is to just talk about it online.

And the hermeneutical context of Sripture is to live peaceably with  all men, do good works and bring honor to Christ. And not to our political god and mock the enemies of said god.

Recovering IFB said:
And the hermeneutical context of Sripture is to live peaceably with  all men, do good works and bring honor to Christ. And not to our political god and mock the enemies of said god.

Hallelujah brother, but practice what you preach!

Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:

it appears my friend that it is you that is having a problem practicing your Biblical ethic. Do you actually read what you post?

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:

it appears my friend that it is you that is having a problem practicing your Biblical ethic. Do you actually read what you post?

My point is that I actually practice in real life what you talk about on the Internet!

So, in other words , "I can't back up what I post, with that coincides what is taught in Scripture, so I'll erect a straw man", sound familiar?

My point is that I practice what you preach online. That's pretty straightforward. Talk is el cheapo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk