Only 2 Bible Preaching Churches in all of Los Angeles?

Narrow is the path... ;)

It is ridiculous claims such as this that have done grave damage to Fundamental Baptists.
Everyone in the audience knows he's lying.
I'm sure they are quit accustomed to these lies.
Tell a lie long enough and it almost sounds true, almost, deep down you know your listening to a lie.
IMHO

bgwilkinson said:
It is ridiculous claims such as this that have done grave damage to Fundamental Baptists.
Tell a lie long enough and it almost sounds true, almost, deep down you know your listening to a lie.
IMHO
I remember when FBMI claimed that Suriname was a country without a gospel witness, my step-mom whose parents were in Suriname, and had translated the Bible in to Surinantango,  got fed up with IFB BS and left for an Assembly of God church.

prophet said:
bgwilkinson said:
IMHO
I remember when FBMI claimed that Suriname was a country without a gospel witness, my step-mom whose parents were in Suriname, and had translated the Bible in to Surinantango,  got fed up with IFB BS and left for an Assembly of God church.

I wondered where they had left to. Do they go to a church in Valpo?

BALAAM said:
prophet said:
bgwilkinson said:
IMHO

I wondered where they had left to. Do they go to a church in Valpo?
Yes. I forget the name.

In many IFB circles, a church isn't "Bible-believing" unless they describe themselves as IFB, KJVO, pre-trib rapture, preach strict doctrine of separation, and use no CCM in worship services.

A Southern Baptist church or some other conservative evangelical denomination can be very similar doctrinally on most issues but if they differ on these things, even by a minute detail, they are not "Bible-believing." 

Most major cities have less than a handful of churches that make the cut.

QuestioningIFB said:
In many IFB circles, a church isn't "Bible-believing" unless they describe themselves as IFB, KJVO, pre-trib rapture, preach strict doctrine of separation, and use no CCM in worship services.

That's the one that has me baffled, true as it is.

I have a friend who lived out there and said the same thing but he was lamenting the lack of good GARBC churches.  ::)

QuestioningIFB said:

A Southern Baptist church or some other conservative evangelical denomination can be very similar doctrinally on most issues but if they differ on these things, even by a minute detail, they are not "Bible-believing." 

Most major cities have less than a handful of churches that make the cut.

At a pastors' School in the 90s Bro. Hyles had FBCH defined as the only True Church. This bad philosophy has been around for a few years. It is still just as kooky today as it was then. No wonder there are so few churches like that around.
I think the number will continue to decline.

QuestioningIFB said:

Yep!

How else does an IFB church justify the necessity of its existence? Church planters are notorious for saying stuff like this.

How much easier to drum up financial support when you say "There are currently only two Bible preaching churches in Los Angeles", than to admit there are currently 425 Baptist churches and you think there desperately needs to be one more.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$