Oops...got caught with hand in cookie jar!

T-Bone

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/former-houstons-first-baptist-church-minister-accused-of-embezzling-dollar800k-from-church/ar-BBQNvaw?ocid=spartanntp

Initial Thoughts:

1.  It is not just the IFB with problems in leadership.

2.  The difference between what we are accustomed to and what happened here is that the church went to authorities first. 

I candidated at a church and while there, sensed something wasn't right with the place.  I declined while I was there.

2 years later, I looked at the church's Facebook page and noticed they had moved.  Very odd as they had a very nice building.

I contacted the pastor, explained who I was, and asked what was going on.

The head trustee and his wife had been stealing money and not paying the IRS for employee taxes.  (BTW, this was a trustee run church, one of the main reasons I declined)

The debt was so large they had to sell the property.  They bought an old commercial building and remodeled.  Every member that was there when I was there had left because of the scandal.

Moral of the story:  Trust your gut.

The places where IFB preachers put their hands are often supposed to be inviolate. If it were just cookie jars, it wouldn't be so bad.

AnkleBone said:
The places where IFB preachers put their hands are often supposed to be inviolate. If it were just cookie jars, it wouldn't be so bad.
You have such loathing for IFB that you failed to find out the FBC Houston is SBC. Do you know what that means?

fishinnut said:
AnkleBone said:
You have such loathing for IFB that you failed to find out the FBC Houston is SBC. Do you know what that means?

As a matter of fact I do. In terms of abuses and criminal behavior and the toleration of abuses and criminal behavior, the IFB and SBC are kissin' cuzins

I wonder how BASSENCO is doing?

ALAYMAN said:

I imagine her partnering with Smellin to operate a Toliet Paper and Whoopee Cushion Emporium in Venezuela.

Tarheel Baptist said:
ALAYMAN said:

I imagine her partnering with Smellin to operate a Toliet Paper and Whoopee Cushion Emporium in Venezuela.

I really hope all the Bernie Sanders and Cortez fans of America are watching Venezuela and taking heed.  I'm afraid they aren't watching at all, and even if they were they'd just stick their heads in the proverbial sand.