OOPS! I am sorry for my oversight:

AWorkInProgress

Elect
Reaction score
I looked for the suggestions page because I thought I had seen it before, but didn't see it this time (which is MY mistake). So, I am sorry. My suggestion I left on the Liberty University page. I clicked on the page and a woman's rear end wearing what looked like a fish net skirt showed up. I am not a prude, but, I do have this weird idea that since I already have to endure, EVERY DAY, the world baring it all, or partially all, I look forward to logging onto a Christian site as a respite. Am I unreasonable?

If you can give me the URL of the ad, I can block it.

Be mindful that Google serves up ads based on the history of websites and searches made on your computer.

I am honored to part of this forum. There was a question about preachers making unrecognizable grunts and growns, when they preach (this is the question that really got me interested in this forum). For me, it seems to come from tradition in the African American Church and most of the followers either grew up with this or learned to accept it. For me, it represents entertainment and appeasement of the older members; not failing to mention those members who grew up and are stuck in their ancesters understanding of the word of God. I once met a cousin who felt it necessary to say, "er um ah" when he was having a general conversation...see, he thought that was a standard of communication because he grew up in a country church where this action represented "knowing what you are talking about" or something. Let me stop there. Jump in if you have some insight on this very perplexing issue. Oh yeah, running of the pews is another really dangerous form of entertainment; just as projecting the Word of God on other's and not taking it in for your own understanding and faith enhancement.

There was a question about preachers making unrecognizable grunts and growns, when they preach...
Many have vocal "oddness" characteristics, but the one that drives me absolutely mad are the "wind-sucking" preachers. It's very annoying and about as annoying as tennis players who grunt loudly with every shot.