Oppose Your Child's Elective Surgery and Go to Prison

As far as regretting surgery, though sometimes there is regret, it seems to be rare. (Presumed adult cases.)

Conclusions:

Based on this review, there is an extremely low prevalence of regret in transgender patients after GAS. We believe this study corroborates the improvements made in regard to selection criteria for GAS. However, there is high subjectivity in the assessment of regret and lack of standardized questionnaires, which highlight the importance of developing validated questionnaires in this population.

"I would prefer that people wait until they are of the legal age of 18 to marry," GOP Delegate Doug Smith, another of the bill's opponents, told Newsweek.

"However, I believe that there should be exceptions for age 16 or 17, with parental consent. Heck, you can join the military at 17 with parental consent, but with this bill you can't get married until you are 18. I feel that there could be other situations that would warrant an exception," Smith said.
Please explain to me why Dems are so concerned about making it a requirement to be 18 to get married despite having parental consent yet those same parents can be prosecuted for requiring their kids to wait till they're 18 to undergo sexual appearance change surgery.

FYI, I would oppose such a bill and am for waiting for children to become 18 before being allowed to make such decisions against their parents' wishes.
Then, according to the Dems, you are no different than us transphobic right wingers seeking to oppress trans youth.

The paedophiles will eventually decriminalize what Jack Schaap and his croneys at FBCH did.

Republican states have been working on this for years.

I have no problem with laws that set the minimum age for marrage to 18. Few girls (or boys) have the decernment to make such life long decesions at 16 or 17. That being said allowing a 17 year old girl to marry, with parents consent seems, far more acceptable than allowing a 12 or 13 year old to permanently change their physical gender. Though young people are less mature these days and society is different, it was common for 16 and 17 year old girls to marry for most of our country's history. As little as 100 years ago it was commonplace.

Last edited:
I have no problem with laws that set the minimum age for marrage to18. few girls (or boys) have the decernment to make such life long decesions at 16 or 17. That being said allowing a 17 year old girl to marry, with parents consent seems, far more acceptable than allowing a 12 or 13 year old to permanently change their physical gender. Though young people are less mature these days and society is different, it was common for 16 and 17 year old girls to marry for most of our country's history. As little as 100 years ago it was commonplace.

In the U.S. and across the world, child marriage and forced marriage disproportionately affect girls and women. Some 86% of the children who married were girls, and most were wed to adult men (age 18 or older). The average spousal age of girls who married was four years, whereas when boys married, their average spousal age was less than half that—1.5 years.

Republican states have been working on this for years.

So basically they're not working on "child marriage." An age of consent of 16 is fairly typical of European countries, as well as Canada.

Ease up on the hyperbole.