Our Tom Brennan Got Featured on SFL

rsc2a

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
rsc2a said:
http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2015/10/safety-scofflaws-because-soulwinning/#comments

In case you are wondering and don't want to click the linky, he wrote this Facebook post:

17 people in a 15 passenger van for soul winning makes for an interesting ride. Especially when I drive fast over the speedbumps...

<evil laugh>

Tom - I'm trying to figure out...how is endangering the lives of others and breaking the law in accordance with the call to follow Christ?

Well that is in keeping with his HACer training. When we had the bus barn in North Hammond any bus with six tires and most of its windows would be used to transport children if it would start when pushed by another bus. It didn't even need brakes that worked, all of the time.

Those were the days. I don't think any of those blue bombers could have passed a DOT safety check today. You were just supposed to trust God to get the bus back safely. If you said anything your faith in God was impugned.

rsc2a said:
http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2015/10/safety-scofflaws-because-soulwinning/#comments

In case you are wondering and don't want to click the linky, he wrote this Facebook post:

17 people in a 15 passenger van for soul winning makes for an interesting ride. Especially when I drive fast over the speedbumps...

<evil laugh>

Tom - I'm trying to figure out...how is endangering the lives of others and breaking the law in accordance with the call to follow Christ?

If you think going over speedbumps a little fast will endanger lives then you're more foolish than I thought.  But worse than picking nits you've shown your propensity to affiliate with scorners.

Pro_13:20  He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

ALAYMAN said:
If you think going over speedbumps a little fast will endanger lives then you're more foolish than I thought.

How about teeth, or wrists?

ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:

<evil laugh>

If you think going over speedbumps a little fast will endanger lives then you're more foolish than I thought.  But worse than picking nits you've shown your propensity to affiliate with scorners.

Pro_13:20  He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Picking nits with a nit picker?

rsc2a said:

<evil laugh>

Kids love going over speedbumps fast. Sometimes I will slowly go over with the front tires and speed up for the back. Kids love it!

http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/200401/200401_54_sb6_vans.cfm

Now I might not be great at math but 17 seems to be a bigger number than 15.

" Nearly 80 percent of those killed in 15-passenger van rollovers in 2000 were not wearing seat belts."

rsc2a said:
http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/200401/200401_54_sb6_vans.cfm

Now I might not be great at math but 17 seems to be a bigger number than 15.

" Nearly 80 percent of those killed in 15-passenger van rollovers in 2000 were not wearing seat belts."

Wait. I just got that! WOAH! Even if you double buckle this isn't good ...

Glad to see 17 people wanting to share their faith ... but surly 2 could have driven separate in a car ...

Years ago I was leaving the church building after Awana let out. I had a wonderful old gentleman who rode with me to take kids home. So as I start to pull forward I see several kids standing (I had just told them to sit down so we could leave) and I thought "i'll show them" and did a little brake check. Well the kids thought it was great fun but took me to task (rightfully I might add) for knocking the poor old guy (who was standing in the aisle) to the ground.

No more brake checks after that.

Things must be shaping up in fundamentalism if that is all they have to mock these days...

And, no, I shouldn't have done it. I'm sorry.

...mostly.  :D

Tom Brennan said:
Things must be shaping up in fundamentalism if that is all they have to mock these days...

And, no, I shouldn't have done it. I'm sorry.

...mostly.  :D
You mean overloading a van with people with inappropriate seating or safety? Or you really don't care, as long as your visitation numbers are up?

It is those God hating liberals who insist on limiting the number of souls we can get into heaven by telling free God fearing Americans how many little children they can have in a van doing the Lord's work. Satanic attics from the pit of hell!

Would there be the same criticism of Pastor Brennan if he had that many homeless people he was rounding up to take to dinner? Probably not.

I disagree with him on so much but in reality, I really don't know why this is such a big deal...

If y'all are criticizing for the sake of criticizing, might want to take a look at your motives.

Smellin Coffee said:
Would there be the same criticism of Pastor Brennan if he had that many homeless people he was rounding up to take to dinner? Probably not.

I disagree with him on so much but in reality, I really don't know why this is such a big deal...

I wonder if ACORN buckled everyone in when they paid them to vote.  ;)

subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I wonder if ACORN buckled everyone in when they paid them to vote.  ;)

The reason chads were hanging is because of the mess they make on the floor.  :-*

Smellin Coffee said:

Nope. Deliberately driving fast over speed bumps in an overcrowded van full of homeless people is quite fine. And probably more fun.  Best of all, when they get injured, no one cares.

Smellin Coffee said:

If y'all are criticizing for the sake of criticizing, might want to take a look at your motives.

Bragging about breaking the law isn't wise. Putting another humans life at risk isn't wise.

If you have a van that seats 15 you only drive 15 people to the soup kitchen or the neighborhood to share Jesus.

We are talking about a matter of life or death.