Out of the loop...

Patebald

Elect
Reaction score
Did Schaap have his sentencing yet?

Someone told me it was suppose to take place yeaterday but I haven't heard anything.

IFB X-Files said:
schaap%20found.jpg

I would be interested to know what they list as his current address!

Patebald, it took you long enough to find us..................good to have you around my friend. We are still here we haven't moved yet.

The new pastor here at FBC Hammond was photographed sharing a meal in a Hammond restaurant with David Gibbs...flew in to help circle the wagons in light of the newspaper articles these last few days?

When an individual is exposed or caught in sin - any sin - there is typically two vary different responses:

1).  Defend.  Shut yourself out of all other conversation.  The individual will seek to correct himself, yet preserve his station in life.  No public humiliation is needed.  No public confession is made.  Guilt will be admitted to the minimum level necessary, so that his goals and dreams and self-grandeur may be preserved.  He will seek to stop the bleeding as quickly as possible, without seeking knowledge of any infection that may be in the blood.  Sometimes, boundaries or safeguards will be put in place to prevent not really the sin, but the sorrow from the result of the sin - thus, security measures against the sin are in place, but the heart is not changed.

2).  Repent.  A full humiliation occurs.  The individual opens himself completely to examination.  He cries "Search me O God and know my heart, try me and see if there be any wicked way in me."  He will get help from a counselor who is experienced with the case because he does not trust his own heart for he knows that the heart is desperately wicked.  Left to himself, he will patch the wound and not care for the disease that is within.  Thus, he asks another to help him discover the root of the problem and seek forgiveness for the sin and grace to overcome.  This person has no problem with prying questions, as uncomfortable as they are, because he knows he is guilty but forgiven and desires to help others not suffer the same ensnarement to sin.

It seems as though organizations and churches often act like individuals.  I can understand the new pastor meeting with a lawyer to try to get an understanding of the predicament of the church.  He should.  It only makes sense.  He should have a good understanding of the liability of the church in this case, and the many that may have or might come out from it.

I also understand how much of the leadership has handled this issue with their own church members first, those of us who have called the church home second, and the other churches that looked to them for leadership third.  They have been anything but open and honest, only divulging the lease amount of information as possible, attempting to keep their esteem before man.  A deep investigation would reveal the corruption of many of the leadership and would destroy their esteem among man.  Sad really, that their goal is now saving face.  Thus, it could seem as though the new pastor is conspiring with lawyers to hide as much as possible.

I guess all we can do is make wild guesses as to the intent of the meeting.

The real question is, which restaurant and what did they have?  I really miss the Saganaki at the Wheel!  I wonder what it would mean if they ate 3 courses versus just 1?

The real question is, which restaurant and what did they have? I really miss the Saganaki at the Wheel! I wonder what it would mean if they ate 3 courses versus just 1?

Lubie's Pancake House, some affiliation with E. Rios and where a percentage of profits on certain evenings go to foreign missions.

Probably couldn't,  er, indulge the way Gibbs is purported to prefer when dining out...

wow - I work on the defense side of criminal cases and ... I must admire the prosecution's memo here and the way she handled the dozens of letters of "support" - strong stuff

Agreed. Very much agreed. Bravo to the prosecutors.(heck, I'll even throw in a standing o)

I guess the tithers from FBC Hammond are the ones who technically ended up paying for Schaap's attorneys?

Absolutely not. He is on his own dime.

Let's not forget Schapp's parents have money...................

I read somewhere js funds were frozen that was why FBC is still paying Cindy a salary...........

Truthfully, we members really do not know the financial truth. We are told nothing. The deacons are sworn to secrecy. I heard rumors of CS still being paid. She has made herself scarce. I heard rumors of millions of DeCoster's dollars donated to the church disappearing. The new pastor announced he met with DeCoster last week...and in fact, maybe we are paying for JS's defense....how would I know? No financial report was made available after the last business meeting. We specifically asked and were told it was odd there wasn't one because usually it was made available...

myeyesareopen said:
Truthfully, we members really do not know the financial truth. We are told nothing. The deacons are sworn to secrecy. I heard rumors of CS still being paid. She has made herself scarce. I heard rumors of millions of DeCoster's dollars donated to the church disappearing. The new pastor announced he met with DeCoster last week...and in fact, maybe we are paying for JS's defense....how would I know? No financial report was made available after the last business meeting. We specifically asked and were told it was odd there wasn't one because usually it was made available...

If you're a tithing member you can go and ask to look at the books...............

myeyesareopen said:

It is sad that for all we do know we don't know much. It would be interesting to know who knew what and when. Of course I am sure we do know more than Eddie would have liked.

Someone mentioned what was done for Eddie, or maybe on another thread. We did not all give and we did not all applaud him. First in my mind that night was how he lied to us that first Sunday.