Pastor John Wilkerson's teachings

Jrock

Elect
Reaction score
If you attend First Baptist Church of Hammond Indiana since 2012. What would be some of John Wilkerson's teachings that might differ with Jack Hyles and Jack Schaap. I can think of one thing, Wilkerson did not have to have an annual Pastor's School Conference. There their other differences that you have picked up in the lat several years?

His name isn't on the KGB hit list.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Is Pastor Wilkerson KJVO?

Did you check the website?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Is YOUR church listed?

https://www.kjvchurches.com/doctrine/

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Is Pastor Wilkerson KJVO?

Did you check the website?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Is YOUR church listed?

https://www.kjvchurches.com/doctrine/

It?s been established that site isn?t entirely trustworthy.  :)

Well, then did you check with Don Boys?

I would say John Wilkerson is KJVO but not a Ruckmanite. He does not encourage people to burn up modern bible translations. He believes one can get saved with a modern version. The big difference with John Wilkerson is that he is committed to verse by verse teaching. Expository preaching was something John R Rice and Jack Hyles and others frown upon.

Jrock said:
I would say John Wilkerson is KJVO but not a Ruckmanite. He does not encourage people to burn up modern bible translations. He believes one can get saved with a modern version.

I try and limit my discussions with earthlings but sometimes its more than my stomachs can handle.

From reading this, we can conclude the following:

1.  Ruckman encourages people to burn other versions

2.  Ruckman teaches you can only be saved from a KJB.

This is the normal lunacy that comes on people when they try to bash "Ruckman".  (You know he was the devil incarnate, right?)

1.  Ruckman used ALL versions.  His study had most every version ever printed and he used them on a regular basis.  He would teach from other versions.  But he only "believed one".

2.  Ruckman openly taught that he or anyone could lead a person to Christ with ANY version.  You are confused with the heresy taught by Hyles, Beebe, and Domelle that only the KJB will save someone.

IFB X-Files said:
Jrock said:
I would say John Wilkerson is KJVO but not a Ruckmanite. He does not encourage people to burn up modern bible translations. He believes one can get saved with a modern version.

I try and limit my discussions with earthlings but sometimes its more than my stomachs can handle.

This is the normal lunacy that comes on people when they try to bash "Ruckman".  (You know he was the devil incarnate, right?)

1.  Ruckman used ALL versions.  His study had most every version ever printed and he used them on a regular basis.  He would teach from other versions.  But he only "believed one".

2.  Ruckman openly taught that he or anyone could lead a person to Christ with ANY version.  You are confused with the heresy taught by Hyles, Beebe, and Domelle that only the KJB will save someone.
Can you pinpoint a sermon where Bro. Hyles said that one can only be saved from a KJV?
Was it from  "Get your dirty feet out of my drinking water?" (Not sure if that is the exact title, but you know what it is..)

One can quote from modern bible versions and still be a KJV onlyist. Peter Ruckman believed in "only one" confirms that he was a KJV onlyist. Obviously he did not believe the other versions were the word of God. Perhaps Ruckman himself did not burn bibles but his followers (Ruckmanites) have done so in the past. G. A. Riplinger was a Ruckmanite who preached at Hyles and received some type of reward. I'm told that Jack Hyles flip flopped on whether one can get saved with a modern version.

16KJV11 said:
Can you pinpoint a sermon where Bro. Hyles said that one can only be saved from a KJV?
Was it from  "Get your dirty feet out of my drinking water?" (Not sure if that is the exact title, but you know what it is..)

I must confess I cannot pinpoint such a "sermon", but this link will give the overall position, especially where he states that only the KJB is the "incorruptible seed" and other versions are "corrupted seed".

Possibly someone can narrow down what many have heard of Hyles on this position.  I used to have the source where Wally Beebe made the same claim.  Domelle is easy, as he published a booklet on that subject.  I personally rebuked Domelle on his heresy.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/KJB/dr_jack_hyles.htm

Jrock said:
Perhaps Ruckman himself did not burn bibles but his followers (Ruckmanites) have done so in the past.

The above statement, was it written by a 10-year-old?

Why would it matter to you or anyone that Ruckman or anyone was a "KJV onlyist"?  You are responsible for you, not others.

IFB X-Files said:
16KJV11 said:

I must confess I cannot pinpoint such a "sermon", but this link will give the overall position, especially where he states that only the KJB is the "incorruptible seed" and other versions are "corrupted seed".

Possibly someone can narrow down what many have heard of Hyles on this position.  I used to have the source where Wally Beebe made the same claim.  Domelle is easy, as he published a booklet on that subject.  I personally rebuked Domelle on his heresy.

I have found this for further clarification:

" In his fundamentalist publication Church Bus News (July-Dec., 1993), Wally Beebe stated: "My constant reference to the King James Version, being in fact the inspired Word of God and our authority, is very important as a prerequisite to salvation" (p. 11). Jack Hyles, well-known fundamentalist pastor, wrote: "Then, if corruptible seed is used, one cannot be born again. I have a conviction as deep as my soul that every English-speaking person who has ever been born again was born of incorruptible seed; that is, the King James Bible" (Enemies of Soul Winning, p. 47)"

16KJV11 said:
IFB X-Files said:
Jrock said:

It's in one of his books.

Bruh said:
16KJV11 said:
IFB X-Files said:
Jrock said:

It's in one of his books.

Yeah, the Alien gave the book and quote in the post above yours.

IFB X-Files said:
IFB X-Files said:
16KJV11 said:

I have found this for further clarification:

" In his fundamentalist publication Church Bus News (July-Dec., 1993), Wally Beebe stated: "My constant reference to the King James Version, being in fact the inspired Word of God and our authority, is very important as a prerequisite to salvation" (p. 11). Jack Hyles, well-known fundamentalist pastor, wrote: "Then, if corruptible seed is used, one cannot be born again. I have a conviction as deep as my soul that every English-speaking person who has ever been born again was born of incorruptible seed; that is, the King James Bible" (Enemies of Soul Winning, p. 47)"

Bro Hyles then later came to reject this false notion.

TidesofTruth said:

It would be great if you have the reference to either the message where he said he was wrong or the writing where he said he was wrong.

Twisted said:
TidesofTruth said:

It would be great if you have the reference to either the message where he said he was wrong or the writing where he said he was wrong.

Correct but it's not out there.