Pastors on Facebook

Would you stop going to 7-11 because you can't stand watching your Church members purchasing lotto tickets, wine, and Playboys? You might quit out of conviction or temptation that they sell such things, but hy pin this on the members?

My Pastor does not have a facebook account but he lurks on his son's page....so I am not friends with his son. :)

kaba said:
My Pastor does not have a facebook account but he lurks on his son's page....so I am not friends with his son. :)

Have things to hide?  8)

kaba said:

That's kinda creepy on his part.

kaba said:

My husband has neither time nor interest in having Facebook, but I occasionally show him pictures from family or friends from years past.

From everything you and SherryH have said, you have a great pastor. 

Facebook is a useful tool in ministry, at least it has been to me/us.
Our FB page is an excellent way to communicate with our church family....announcements, prayer requests, etc.
A couple of years ago, or basement flooded on Saturday afternoon.
We made a FB appeal and, had over 150 people at the building with everything from wet vacs to bobcats...and had clases in the basement the next day!

A few times I have seen vile or crude comments on FB, usually from our teens/college sutdents.
I sent them a private message warning them that someone had evidently hacked their account.  :)

I do have a great Pastor, and I do appreciate him.

I've known my pastor since our college days he has been our rock through some tough times....he's very humble and loves people...he doesn't follow the crowd he follows the Lord.. listen to him online...

Tim said:
I recently learned that a local pastor closed his Facebook page out of frustration after watching his people openly sin/live carnal lifestyles and "trash" their testimony. It was reported that he had a hard time looking at people on Sunday the same way after reading their post and viewing their pictures.

Do any pastors on the forum relate/agree with such a statement?

Or, is this guy perhaps in need of a better understanding of the sort of folks one pastors over.

I'm considered worldly, and I too have deleted; not deactivated, but deleted my facebook account. After eight years of using that site, I have come to the conclusion that it was not serving a worthwhile purpose.