Paul, an apostle of Satan.

Ransom said:
Hooper said:
Cute. But from where I sit the accepted church movement  in all it's denominations is in violation of the teachings of Christ .

Maybe we should follow your example, and just declare everything "pagan" that we don't want to obey or believe.

What a hypocrite you have proven yourself to be.

I didn't want to be a vegetarian  and further, I would prefer all the words in the Bible be 100 % perfect. I would also love it if salvation could be had with a simple acknowledgment that Jesus is the Messiah. 

Hooper said:
No reason to think they weren't rewritten.

Absolute lunacy.

One could say this about anything one didn't agree with.

Hooper said:
I didn't want to be a vegetarian  and further, I would prefer all the words in the Bible be 100 % perfect. I would also love it if salvation could be had with a simple acknowledgment that Jesus is the Messiah.

Thank you for the  vapid platitude that does nothing to address the point I made.

Hooper said:

Except for all the thousands of ancient manuscripts that demonstrate they were not.

The modern Christians are way to gullible.

...says Hooper to a forum full of people not believing his assertions without evidence, which Hooper has yet to provide.

... and evidence we provided that defeats his points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ransom said:
Hooper said:

Thank you for the  vapid platitude that does nothing to address the point I made.

Sure it does. You can't grasp it.

Ransom said:
Hooper said:

Except for all the thousands of ancient manuscripts that demonstrate they were not.

The modern Christians are way to gullible.

...says Hooper to a forum full of people not believing his assertions without evidence, which Hooper has yet to provide.

It's been going on a long time.

Hooper said:

There is nothing I needed to grasp. You expressed nothing but your personal preferences ("I didn't want" . . . "I would prefer" . . . "I would love"). These, obviously, are not proof of anything, other than the existence of your opinions.

Ransom said:
Hooper said:

There is nothing I needed to grasp. You expressed nothing but your personal preferences ("I didn't want" . . . "I would prefer" . . . "I would love"). These, obviously, are not proof of anything, other than the existence of your opinions.

You suggested that we should just call everything we don't like pagan. As if I had a list of things I don't like and was twisting scripture to bend to my ideals. I am taking the parts of scripture that show Gods character to be perfect and sinless and applying them through out time. His character is no different than what we see from the Savior. This really isn't something that can be proved but God has revealed it to me and Smellin and will reveal it to all those willing to learn it. There is no perfect scripture. Only a pefect God.

That?s right... when Hooper ends up with no proof or evidence, he offers up an arrogant smug pietistic elitism.

ONLY him and Smellin? have the ?goods!?

Hooper still will not offer linguistic support for any of his positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooper said:
FSSL said:
See, Hooper... you are a mixed bag, capriciously wandering from one idea to another. You are not guided by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit uses the Scripture. It is called "illumination" and the Holy Spirit uses His Word to guide you... not some capricious whim.

You keep rejecting Scripture and making silly claims like "fish" is a corruption to the text (which it is not). You don't have the manuscripts to compare to know if "fish" was added or not.

Some question why I allow you guys to post. I find it enlightening. The absurdity flows far and wide among liberals, atheists and agnostics.

This topic has not flowed far and wide from the topics I have posted. To fully understand the gospel of Christ people need to see the error included by Saul.  You hold to your bible as true. Unable to prove a single word came from God except by using a verse from Saul who is it odds with Christ. I know that hurts your feelings but it's the truth. You are using your own logic to determine truth just as I do. But you have chosen to only get your truth from a single source.

Let me get this straight. The God of the universe allows the Biblical canon to exists for all of these years with all of Paul's writings intact and only reveals the truth to a small group of people such as yourself?

Furthermore, Jesus seemed to trust Peter, and Peter wrote regarding Paul, 2 Peter 3:15-16, "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures."

Seems silly this "Anti-Paul" stuff. Like many things I read about in the Church regarding Bible versions and music and dress. This is just one more item for the list of silly things people promote and believe all the while becoming completely useless to God for any service in the Kingdom.

Rant over. Carry on.

Tim said:
Let me get this straight. The God of the universe allows the Biblical canon to exists for all of these years with all of Paul's writings intact and only reveals the truth to a small group of people such as yourself?

Furthermore, Jesus seemed to trust Peter, and Peter wrote regarding Paul, 2 Peter 3:15-16, "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures."

Seems silly this "Anti-Paul" stuff. Like many things I read about in the Church regarding Bible versions and music and dress. This is just one more item for the list of silly things people promote and believe all the while becoming completely unless useless to God for any service in the Kingdom.

Rant over. Carry on.

Great post.

Hooper said:
https://youtu.be/2jVBoPCnQ7c

For those dying to know some of the reasons I exclude Saul's letters from having any notion of authority, here is a good start. And although Lavern (video author) and I don't agree on all bible doctrines, we are in full agreement on Saul. Ask yourself this. If Christ spent His entire ministry pouring Himself into His true apostles and then charged them with the great commission, why is there a need for Saul? Could it be more likely that Saul, being a Pharisee, was sent by the Pharisees to twist the true gospel? The changes to the doctrine of Christ are there. You will see them when you free yourself of the church programing that every word in the Bible is true. The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.

Jesus and the disciples preached the Gospel of the Kingdom.  Israel ultimately rejected.  God turned to the Gentiles and Paul preached the Gospel of Grace. 

RAIDER said:
Hooper said:

For those dying to know some of the reasons I exclude Saul's letters from having any notion of authority, here is a good start. And although Lavern (video author) and I don't agree on all bible doctrines, we are in full agreement on Saul. Ask yourself this. If Christ spent His entire ministry pouring Himself into His true apostles and then charged them with the great commission, why is there a need for Saul? Could it be more likely that Saul, being a Pharisee, was sent by the Pharisees to twist the true gospel? The changes to the doctrine of Christ are there. You will see them when you free yourself of the church programing that every word in the Bible is true. The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.

Jesus and the disciples preached the Gospel of the Kingdom.  Israel ultimately rejected.  God turned to the Gentiles and Paul preached the Gospel of Grace.

Hmmmm. I hope you understand that the majority of Israel never heard Christ speak a single word. If you know your history then you know that Israel was dispersed by God 700 years before Chris came. Israel never got the chance to reject Christ. Neither is there a reason for the gospel that Christ spoke to have changed to suit the "gentiles". Of whom church goers fail in defining. Especially since they also fail in being able to define a physical Israelite.

Lessee, proof that Paul was a believer..........Maybe read the Book of Acts?

patzer said:

Yes....the book of Acts. Where Peter is made to look like a complete idiot. Do you really think after living with Christ for 3 plus years that Peter had no idea what to eat? Try reading the Clementine Homilies.

Hooper said:
patzer said:

Yes....the book of Acts. Where Peter is made to look like a complete idiot. Do you really think after living with Christ for 3 plus years that Peter had no idea what to eat? Try reading the Clementine Homilies.

We are talking about the same guy who denied Christ and had a history of putting his foot in his mouth. Plus, he rejected meat from the Lord on the rooftop as I previously expressed.

The problem with you is that you don't take the Scriptures seriously. You should.

Hooper said:

Says Hooper a Christ denying apostate...who is lost as a goose in high grass!