Paul, an apostle of Satan.

My opinion may or may not be of interest to anyone here, but currently, Orthodox Jews determine someone's Jewish descent through the maternal -- not the paternal -- line.

http://www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm

Also, under Roman rule, anyone who lived in their province called "Judea" was considered, and was called a "Jew."  However, I believe that in the OT, every person that was referred to as a "Jew" was either of the tribe of Benjamin or the tribe of Judah.  This would be because the kingdom of Judah was comprised of Judah and Benjamin (Simeon had been absorbed by Judah).

Route_70 said:
My opinion may or may not be of interest to anyone here, but currently, Orthodox Jews determine someone's Jewish descent through the maternal -- not the paternal -- line.

Also, under Roman rule, anyone who lived in their province called "Judea" was considered, and was called a "Jew."  However, I believe that in the OT, every person that was referred to as a "Jew" was either of the tribe of Benjamin or the tribe of Judah.  This would be because the kingdom of Judah was comprised of Judah and Benjamin (Simeon had been absorbed by Judah).

There's no DNA test one can do to determine their relation to Abraham.

Hooper said:
Route_70 said:

Yes, but technically the word "Jew" derives from the word "Judah;" and I am sure you know that.

One thing of which the general person is ignorant is a process called meiosis.  Each of us receives only 50% of our DNA from either parent.  That means that we receive only 25% of our DNA from any of our grandparents; 12.5% from great-grandparents; and so on.

At that rate, anyone alive today would statistically have 0% of Abraham's DNA.

DNA testing is still a new science; but it improves every year.  If everyone on this forum would have DNA testing done, we would all find that we all share the same DNA -- as with nearly everyone else on this planet -- even some (however small) of Abraham's DNA -- ALL OF US!

So, the idea that some are descended from Abraham, where others are not, is purely bogus.

Route_70 said:
Hooper said:
Route_70 said:

Yes, but technically the word "Jew" derives from the word "Judah;" and I am sure you know that.

One thing of which the general person is ignorant is a process called meiosis.  Each of us receives only 50% of our DNA from either parent.  That means that we receive only 25% of our DNA from any of our grandparents; 12.5% from great-grandparents; and so on.

At that rate, anyone alive today would statistically have 0% of Abraham's DNA.

DNA testing is still a new science; but it improves every year.  If everyone on this forum would have DNA testing done, we would all find that we all share the same DNA -- as with nearly everyone else on this planet -- even some (however small) of Abraham's DNA -- ALL OF US!

So, the idea that some are descended from Abraham, where others are not, is purely bogus.

Jew is not derived from Judah.

Well.... let?s sit back! We now have another Hebrew lesson coming! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooper said:
Jew is not derived from Judah.

Yes, let's just ignore a well-established etymology printed in the Merriam-Webster and American Heritage dictonaries, not to mention any other reputable dictionary, and listen to what Hooper says.

The "Hebrew Roots" genius doesn't even recognize the Hebrew roots of the word "Jew." Bwahahahaha!

With every successive post, the probability that Hooper is a troll approaches 1.

Well... let's put this to rest since Hooper never provides evidence and he does not know Hebrew.

Judah ???????? is a masculine noun which refers to the territory of Judah
Jew shares the same root and is the masculine adjective used as a substantive

There... there's your Hebrew roots!

Hooper said:
FSSL said:
You reject a bunch of verses in the Gospels for no reason. Manuscript evidence ALL include fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reason to think they weren't rewritten. The modern Christians are way to gullible.
"too"

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Okay, there is not much disagreement here.  The Germanic languages relied heavily on the tongue, retaining the "d" in their rendition of Judah -- "Jude."  The French softened it up by dropping the "d" altogether. 

Old English and Middle English hardened it back up by adding a ?w.?  So, the word ?Jew? is actually a Middle English word, derived ultimately, as we have seen, from the word ?Jude.?

And we all exclaim ?YASHUAH!!?

If he is unable to understand Hebrew 101 concepts, then what, pray tell how?s that Hebrew Roots mishmash working for you?

Hooper said:
patzer said:
Lessee, proof that Paul was a believer..........Maybe read the Book of Acts?

Yes....the book of Acts. Where Peter is made to look like a complete idiot. Do you really think after living with Christ for 3 plus years that Peter had no idea what to eat? Try reading the Clementine Homilies.

Yeah, that's what Acts says.  Speaking of Peter, check out what he said about Paul in Second Peter chapter 3, verses 14-16.

Ransom said:
Woohoo! Apostate slap-fight!

8WQwWy5.gif

:)

patzer said:
Hooper said:
patzer said:
Lessee, proof that Paul was a believer..........Maybe read the Book of Acts?

Yes....the book of Acts. Where Peter is made to look like a complete idiot. Do you really think after living with Christ for 3 plus years that Peter had no idea what to eat? Try reading the Clementine Homilies.

Yeah, that's what Acts says.  Speaking of Peter, check out what he said about Paul in Second Peter chapter 3, verses 14-16.

You should try watching the video, that passage is addressed.

Let me know the time stamp on that part of the video and I'll check it out this coming week.  Although I have to tell you, this is probably just going to be a case of two people who will never agree.

patzer said:
Let me know the time stamp on that part of the video and I'll check it out this coming week.  Although I have to tell you, this is probably just going to be a case of two people who will never agree.

Starts around 1:15

FSSL said:
Well... let's put this to rest since Hooper never provides evidence and he does not know Hebrew.

Judah ???????? is a masculine noun which refers to the territory of Judah
Jew shares the same root and is the masculine adjective used as a substantive

There... there's your Hebrew roots!
Und, der you have it!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk