Billy

Elect
Reaction score
Sorry but he didn't.

stirring that pot.

Billy

FSSL said:
He didn't write the book of Jonah either :(

I've been reading in the book of Hezekiah.

Lost of hidden truth.

You're right. He didn't but it certainly is "Paulian". Either a close follower or Apollos. Luke recording a sermon given by Paul is certainly possible.

It is an exceptional writing. Exceptional. It is probably one of my favorite books in the canon. Extraordinary. Magnificent. I love to preach from the first few verses on how God speaks....

Billy said:
Sorry but he didn't.

stirring that pot.

Billy

I always assumed it was Barnabas, but I don't have scholarly support for that.  It just reads like the epistle of Barnabas (assuming Barnabas actually wrote that, too). 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Billy said:
Sorry but he didn't.

stirring that pot.

Billy

I always assumed it was Barnabas, but I don't have scholarly support for that.  It just reads like the epistle of Barnabas (assuming Barnabas actually wrote that, too).

The epistle of Barnabus was written too late. It might have been based on Hebrews.

Paul didn't write this reply.

Al Gore wrote it.

Well, he claims to have invented the internet, so him taking credit for writing Hebrews wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him, would it?

LOL!! :D :D

aleshanee said:
what would happen... if it was discovered that a female wrote hebrews?......  ??? ....

anybody want to kick the lid off that pot and stir it?.....  8)...

pot.gif~c200

aleshanee said:
FSSL said:
Deborah pre-dated Hebrews by a few thousand years ;)

not talking about deborah...... but priscilla..... . .... she had the knowledge... the education and ability..... ... and some scholars point out it was common then for female writers to write in a masculine style to gain credibility.......

but then....... when i looked at hebrews in my 1611 king james there is a foot note at the end of the book which blames timothy for writing it........ ....... wow... :eek:..... timothys socks got around...... who knew?..... :-X

LOL.... Timothy is everywhere....

I tell people that my wife is a prophetess. She always foretelling my future and she's "batting" about 1000.

Its....you're going to take out the trash. You're going to wash the car. You're going to mow the yard. Man.... does she know what I'm going to be do....

aleshanee said:
timothys socks got around...... who knew?..... :-X [/font][/size][/color]

Timothy Socks!!! Lol... aleshanee wins the internet for the day!

FSSL said:
aleshanee said:
timothys socks got around...... who knew?..... :-X [/font][/size][/color]

Timothy Socks!!! Lol... aleshanee wins the internet for the day!

She got me.  8)

Billy said:
Sorry but he didn't.

stirring that pot.

Billy

Hopefully that is good news. It means the book of Hebrews might be inspired then.

aleshanee said:
but the question in my mind..... (well... actually it;s not a question in my mind... but a question i;m curious to see how others here might answer).... is..... if it was discovered that a female.... (someone like priscilla perhaps).... actually wrote hebrews..... ... would any of you still consider it to be inspired?........  ??? ........ or would lack of masculine authorship cause you have a problem with it?.......  ??? ... ..

:)

Reminds me of a scene from "Trail of the Screaming Forehead" where a woman posits a theory that all of our intelligence is actually in our forehead.  One scientist says that's ridiculous. 

The woman responds, "Is it, really?  Or are you just saying that because I'm a woman?"

The scientist says, "No, if a man came up with that theory I'd still say it was ridiculous!"

The woman responds, "And what if that man.. was a woman?"

aleshanee said:
but the question in my mind..... (well... actually it;s not a question in my mind... but a question i;m curious to see how others here might answer).... is..... if it was discovered that a female.... (someone like priscilla perhaps).... actually wrote hebrews..... ... would any of you still consider it to be inspired?........  ??? ........ or would lack of masculine authorship cause you have a problem with it?.......  ??? ... ..

:)

It wouldn't bother me.....

aleshanee said:
what would happen... if it was discovered that a female wrote hebrews?......  ??? ....

It wouldn't change a thing.

anybody want to kick the lid off that pot and stir it?.....  8)...

I just opened my bible to the Book of Hebrews and it clearly says "The Epistle of Paul to the Hebrews."

I guess that settles it! :D