PCC accredited?

kaba

Elect
Reaction score
If so, are we talking about regionally or nationally?

kaba said:
If so, are we talking about regionally or nationally?

TRAK accreditation I believe. We have a friend who is a student there and posted on facebook today.

It was announced in chapel today that as of Nov 1, 2013, PCC is nationally accredited.  And students were given a box of Krispy Kreme donuts which were waiting for them in their dorm rooms after chapel.  Th donut news was cause for applause. 

Still wouldn't send my children there. Even for the donuts!

JrChurch said:
Th donut news was cause for applause.

Until the RAs started issuing demerits to anyone who took two, or nibbled them into a shape deemed inappropriate by the administration.

bruinboy said:
TRACS=USELESS

I acknowledge your opinion, but their graduates will have more doors opened to them.  I have never been to the college, but I certainly would not begrudge the kids the increase in job opportunities. 

Since we're talking PCC (and I am not interested in their 'rules') I admit I am impressed by some students from our Christian school who have graduated from PCC.  Hard workers, intelligent, driven.  One is working on her CPA, one has been hired out-of-state as a mechanical engineer,  one man has been hired and is now in training with the FBI, and one is in a great program earning her doctorate in Physical Therapy.  A friend's son was a pre-med grad and gave us a list of 50 med schools that would accept PCC's unaccredited pre-med degree.  He has already graduated from U of Penn med school.  Nurses from PCC seem to be hired regularly.

When it comes to academics, they must be doing something right.

JrChurch said:
bruinboy said:
TRACS=USELESS

I acknowledge your opinion, but their graduates will have more doors opened to them.  I have never been to the college, but I certainly would not begrudge the kids the increase in job opportunities. 

Since we're talking PCC (and I am not interested in their 'rules') I admit I am impressed by some students from our Christian school who have graduated from PCC.  Hard workers, intelligent, driven.  One is working on her CPA, one has been hired out-of-state as a mechanical engineer,  one man has been hired and is now in training with the FBI, and one is in a great program earning her doctorate in Physical Therapy.  A friend's son was a pre-med grad and gave us a list of 50 med schools that would accept PCC's unaccredited pre-med degree.  He has already graduated from U of Penn med school.  Nurses from PCC seem to be hired regularly.

When it comes to academics, they must be doing something right.

Don't begrudge any one any help at all. I have never been to the skool either. I am intrigued by the good students that you know and what they have achieved.  My wife was in christian education for 29 years. As a result, we have known 6-8 grads very well and they are the exact opposite of what you describe.  Interesting the different experiences based on a small sample size.  Personally, I wouldn't send by puppy there for training, but that is just me. The fact that pastor marty supports them, attends conferences there, etc. doesn't help much either.   

I personally would not attend PCC nor send some one there, but I have to admit their lack of accreditation has not hurt all their students after reading their alumni page but I have also read where some graduates had to retake some courses just to attend graduate school or could not take a state's engineer license test, etc.

Again a christian college with out accreditation or having rules where male students have to wear a tie to class would not be for me today.

http://www.pcci.edu/NewsEvents/Insights/Default.aspx

My daughter has found her degree from Clearwater Christian very useful. They prepared her well. She has not had a problem adjusting to what is required of her in the public school. Often times they are amazed she is able to do something without instruction-because she learned it in college.  Another girl from our church that graduated from PCC with an engineering degree, took her over 3 years to find a job, she found it out of state and had to do more training.
Another family in our church is sending two girls there, music majors-not sure what you can do with that degree!!

PCC is not accredited by ABET. Why in the world would someone want an engineering degree from a non-ABET accredited school?

rsc2a said:
PCC is not accredited by ABET. Why in the world would someone want an engineering degree from a non-ABET accredited school?

That is the problem some PCC engineering graduates have had getting into some graduate school or ineligible to take the state engineering licensing exam. BJU just got ABET accreditation a couple of months ago.