PCUSA makes a ground breaking decision!

I believe if you read the article, you will see that it is the PCUSA, not the PCA, that is referenced. The PCA (Presbyterian Church of America) split from the PCUSA in the 1860's due to the liberalism of the PCUSA. That split has broadened in the last several years as the PCUSA has gone deeper and deeper into theological and social liberalism.

Just like Baptists, there is more than one stripe of Presbyterian Church. And, just like Baptists, Presbyterians get offended when you label them with the wrong group.

Well, whatever group of Presbyterians it is, since we all seem to be into song lyrics today, these by Queen would be appropriate....."another one (denomination) bites the dust." Another group that would rather please man than please God.  :(

About time! I thought they already had an official policy allowing this.

There is nothing like belonging to a denomination that leads by being the caboose!

samspade said:
I believe if you read the article, you will see that it is the PCUSA, not the PCA, that is referenced. The PCA (Presbyterian Church of America) split from the PCUSA in the 1860's due to the liberalism of the PCUSA. That split has broadened in the last several years as the PCUSA has gone deeper and deeper into theological and social liberalism.

Just like Baptists, there is more than one stripe of Presbyterian Church. And, just like Baptists, Presbyterians get offended when you label them with the wrong group.
I apologize for putting the wrong name on the title.

This will save you the effort in research:

Graphic_gay-marriage_031815_LOW-RES600.jpg

16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

FSSL said:
16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

That's better....

I could see all those old Calvinist getting their guns out...... After all.... they're guaranteed entry anyway.... :)

HeDied4U said:
Well, whatever group of Presbyterians it is, since we all seem to be into song lyrics today, these by Queen would be appropriate....."another one (denomination) bites the dust." Another group that would rather please man than please God.  :(
I was thinking "Highway to Hell", I guess that would work.

praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

That's better....

I could see all those old Calvinist getting their guns out...... After all.... they're guaranteed entry anyway.... :)

Not to pick nits but all believers are "guaranteed" entry.

subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

That's better....

I thought he said "Calvinists"...

subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

That's better....

For some people, any conversation is an opportunity to make a jab at Calvinists..

"Would you like nuts on your banana split?"

"No thanks.  I don't like nuts because calvinists are nuts."

subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

That's better....

But Calvinists didn't have anything to do with it. In fact, they were "forced" to submit to God. At least..... that is what I meant by "guaranteed". :)

Reformed Guy said:
subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

That's better....

For some people, any conversation is an opportunity to make a jab at Calvinists..

"Would you like nuts on your banana split?"

"No thanks.  I don't like nuts because calvinists are nuts."

My comment was nothing like this. Surely you know that Calvin is considered to be the father of the Presbyterian church. I didn't start talking about nuts because someone mentioned a banana split....

praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
16KJV11 said:
samspade said:

fixed!

That's better....

But Calvinists didn't have anything to do with it. In fact, they were "forced" to submit to God. At least..... that is what I meant by "guaranteed". :)

Other than your blatant misrepresentation of what I, as a man of calvinistic persuasion, believe that was a good post.  :)