Pensacola Bible Institute

I didn't get into details with Pastor Gipp but he's grooming several young men who will presumably end up going there. I didn't know about Ruckman's son at the time. I wouldn't bring up the situation with him, however. I'm sure he was grieved by it when it happened.

I would be more apt to recommend the CC Bible College, but that's me. I'd still rather see someone go to PBI than ORU.
I'm sorry, but, most of the people I've met associated with PBI have been really difficult people to get along with. Of course, this is just my experience. In all fairness, I did have one or two who were very Godly men. They had SOME off-the-wall ideology in some areas, but, for the most part, they seemed to be quite steady in God's Word and preaching. I still wouldn't recommend anyone go to PBI. I'd rather they go to PCC.

Pensacola Bible Institute has no website and their Facebook page hasn’t been updated since the year 2011. Um…hard no.

I didn't get into details with Pastor Gipp but he's grooming several young men who will presumably end up going there. I didn't know about Ruckman's son at the time. I wouldn't bring up the situation with him, however. I'm sure he was grieved by it when it happened.

I would be more apt to recommend the CC Bible College, but that's me. I'd still rather see someone go to PBI than ORU.
I am guessing that Nathan Gipp is likely related to Sam Gipp?

Sam Gipp came to my Church in San Diego a number of times but I either had the duty or was on deployment so I never saw him in person.

At one time I was really impressed with Sam Gipp thinking he was one of the more "Brainier" IFB types but boy was that image shattered when I saw him try to defend his KJVO position on the John Ankerberg show later on!

I'm sure he is a nice guy though.

I'm sorry, but, most of the people I've met associated with PBI have been really difficult people to get along with. Of course, this is just my experience. In all fairness, I did have one or two who were very Godly men. They had SOME off-the-wall ideology in some areas, but, for the most part, they seemed to be quite steady in God's Word and preaching. I still wouldn't recommend anyone go to PBI. I'd rather they go to PCC.
I agree. Most PBI grads I have ever encountered really thought they were "Mr. Ace Bible Scholar" and could be rather contentious especially if they were sucked into Ruckman's "Dice it, Slice it" version of dispensationalism including the "Gap Theory," UFOs, and having to "Work your way to heaven" if you missed the rapture!

Bible Baptist Tujunga was the most "Ruckmanite" of Churches I had attended back in the day. With Ruckmanite Churches, it seems that there are two types of members: Those who are getting ready to go to PBI and those who had graduated from PBI and were "Waiting on God" for whatever reason. Funny thing was it seemed I was getting much more "Pulpit Time" (called upon the preach) than many of the PBI grads!

The "Back Room Bible Institute" I graduated from in '89 was styled after PBI. Unlearning everything and re-learning the right way was a really good experience for me although I would never do it again intentionally!

I agree. Most PBI grads I have ever encountered really thought they were "Mr. Ace Bible Scholar" and could be rather contentious especially if they were sucked into Ruckman's "Dice it, Slice it" version of dispensationalism including the "Gap Theory," UFOs, and having to "Work your way to heaven" if you missed the rapture!

Bible Baptist Tujunga was the most "Ruckmanite" of Churches I had attended back in the day. With Ruckmanite Churches, it seems that there are two types of members: Those who are getting ready to go to PBI and those who had graduated from PBI and were "Waiting on God" for whatever reason. Funny thing was it seemed I was getting much more "Pulpit Time" (called upon the preach) than many of the PBI grads!

The "Back Room Bible Institute" I graduated from in '89 was styled after PBI. Unlearning everything and re-learning the right way was a really good experience for me although I would never do it again intentionally!
I could never afford to go back to college, especially at my age and the limitations I have at present. I once thought of going online through Maranatha, Liberty, or some other institution, but, the costs are prohibitive. Some friends keep suggesting a Bible college out of Kokomo, Indiana...Baptist College of America. I know it's unaccredited, and I don't really have a problem with that if I am doing things in ministry. I'd like to have it, but, I agree with some that it's not necessary...approval of the world.

I could never afford to go back to college, especially at my age and the limitations I have at present. I once thought of going online through Maranatha, Liberty, or some other institution, but, the costs are prohibitive. Some friends keep suggesting a Bible college out of Kokomo, Indiana...Baptist College of America. I know it's unaccredited, and I don't really have a problem with that if I am doing things in ministry. I'd like to have it, but, I agree with some that it's not necessary...approval of the world.
My pastor has told me that actually pursuing a Seminary degree is probably unnecessary and that at my age, I should just audit a few courses and be done with it. All of the writing and research takes a good bit of time that I would much rather use for the edifying of the Church than trying to satisfy and impress the "Scholarly" types! I guess I am doing it more for me kind of making up for lost time plus the program is not one that causes too much financial hardship.

But my comments were not related to the Seminary courses I am taking but with the experience I had overcoming the sub-standard education I had received (and realizing it was sub-standard). I would say that alone would have the equivalency of an MDiv although not everyone would realize it as such.

My future plans for ministry involve likely becoming an elder and continuing to serve in my church teaching Sunday School, leading certain ministries, and filling the pulpit on occasion. I also have a few books on the back burner that I can hopefully write before the Lord calls me home and perhaps this will lead to other opportunities.

As stated, none of this requires a Seminary Degree although I would likely tell someone 20-30 years younger than myself that they should ABSOLUTELY attend Seminary!

I am guessing that Nathan Gipp is likely related to Sam Gipp?
IDK. According to the church website Nathan is the son of a traveling evangelist, no namementioned. He is in his early 40s now.

Like I said, the PBI trappings are all over the place. I probably couldn't serve at a church like that because I don't buy into KJVOism. I could deal with KJVP but not KJVO. I have no reason to doubt his sincerity and I have as much reason as humanly possible to see them in heaven but I can't go with KJVOism if they're going require it. The one time I visited, it was for fellowship and not to delve into our differences. He seemed perfectly fine with me being there knowing where I came from.

But my comments were not related to the Seminary courses I am taking but with the experience I had overcoming the sub-standard education I had received (and realizing it was sub-standard). I would say that alone would have the equivalency of an MDiv although not everyone would realize it as such.

My future plans for ministry involve likely becoming an elder and continuing to serve in my church teaching Sunday School, leading certain ministries, and filling the pulpit on occasion. I also have a few books on the back burner that I can hopefully write before the Lord calls me home and perhaps this will lead to other opportunities.
I'm finding myself in a similar boat. As I age, it will be inevitable that I will eventually be serving in a church with a pastor who is much younger than I. My burden would be to come along side him and support him. Just because he has a seminary degree doesn't mean he cannot benefit from the experience of someone who has been walking the walk much longer than he has.

My pastor has told me that actually pursuing a Seminary degree is probably unnecessary and that at my age, I should just audit a few courses and be done with it. All of the writing and research takes a good bit of time that I would much rather use for the edifying of the Church than trying to satisfy and impress the "Scholarly" types! I guess I am doing it more for me kind of making up for lost time plus the program is not one that causes too much financial hardship.

As stated, none of this requires a Seminary Degree although I would likely tell someone 20-30 years younger than myself that they should ABSOLUTELY attend Seminary!
I agree...and If I were to do something like BCA it would be more for refresher than anything else. As much college background (though some of those schools are now defunct and my credits lost) and courses I have taken, I should have a doctorate in pastoral studies or philosophy. I'm not worried about having a degree as such. I would like to serve as a seniors and handicapped pastor, but, I don't know how feasible it would be in the SBC...they seem to be leaving these people behind in their search for the "seekers" and the cash they will bring in.

I did mention to him I was discipled at PCC. He acknowledged the differences but he didn't seem to act like PBI was superior. He seemed to be very humble and gracious.

I did mention to him I was discipled at PCC. He acknowledged the differences but he didn't seem to act like PBI was superior. He seemed to be very humble and gracious.
You've come across one of the good ones. I hope you never come across one of the others. :)

I agree...and If I were to do something like BCA it would be more for refresher than anything else. As much college background (though some of those schools are now defunct and my credits lost) and courses I have taken, I should have a doctorate in pastoral studies or philosophy. I'm not worried about having a degree as such. I would like to serve as a seniors and handicapped pastor, but, I don't know how feasible it would be in the SBC...they seem to be leaving these people behind in their search for the "seekers" and the cash they will bring in.
I have considered looking into certain "Employment Opportunities" within the SBC but aside from a few things our Church avails itself to with the SBTC, we really have little dealings with the SBC as a whole. What I would suggest is to just go out and "See the need and take the lead!" My personal burden is seeing that Churches are firmly grounded in doctrine, practice, and are adequately equipped to stand against all the modern trends of this age that would lead them down the road to apostacy. This starts with my Church and ensuring my family will continue to have a solid, biblically grounded Church family long after I am gone. If such work extends beyond my own church then may Christ be magnified! I guess this entails my continuing to be a "Pot-Stirring Renegade" standing against false doctrine, apostacy, and corruption as well as standing by and encouraging pastors who desire to "Stand" courageously in this present modern climate.

Who is CC Bible college?