Pensacola Christian College, Rape, Scandal. You've Got To Be Kidding!

I think one of the articles posted in the last few days addressed the issue of erecting solid walls of "Standards" while letting your spiritual insides rot. I suspect that's what keeps making these stories appear.

Yup. Jesus had them pegged.

Whited sepulchres on the outside, filled with dead men's bones on the inside.

I think I'll go with Jesus.

admin said:
I am not a fan of PCC, nor am I really a fan of many Bible Colleges.

However, it seems to me that before PCC is castigated, we should verify whether police reports exist.

PCC claims to have no record. If the police have a record of the incident, then that would blow PCC's cover.
If the police do not have a record of the incidents, then PCC has a legitimate claim to being falsely accused.

Are there police records?

If PCC is covering up reports, then they should be castigated.  If malicious lies are being spread, then….well, nothing usually happens.

admin said:

However, it seems to me that before PCC is castigated, we should verify whether police reports exist.

PCC claims to have no record. If the police have a record of the incident, then that would blow PCC's cover.
If the police do not have a record of the incidents, then PCC has a legitimate claim to being falsely accused.

I read the stories about 'Beth' and 'David'.
Beth was apparently found by a PCC security officer and taken to the police. 
If that is so, then there should definitely be a police report regarding this action.
The article says that her attacker graduated with honors and is now a pastor.
Even though the writer of the article knew that her attacker was a member of the praise team also, they make no mention of his name.
If the perspective perp is known, why wasn't he charged with rape?
Why don't they mention his name in the article?
Too much conjecture here.
Not sure what happened with David though.

JrChurch said:
If PCC is covering up reports, then they should be castigated. 

Rapists should be castigated.  Wait, no, I mean something that rhymes with castigated. 

16KJV11 said:
admin said:

I read the stories about 'Beth' and 'David'.
Beth was apparently found by a PCC security officer and taken to the police. 
If that is so, then there should definitely be a police report regarding this action.
The article says that her attacker graduated with honors and is now a pastor.
Even though the writer of the article knew that her attacker was a member of the praise team also, they make no mention of his name.
If the perspective perp is known, why wasn't he charged with rape?
Why don't they mention his name in the article?
Too much conjecture here.
Not sure what happened with David though.

I read the article also. Then I went and skimmed the Pathway. Nothing in there that you wouldn't find at most conservative Bible Colleges.

I do find it odd that the reports are unsubstantiated. I also found it odd the authour referred to "Beth's" "boy interest" as being on the "Praise Team". FBCH, PCC, OBC, WCBC, BJU and others like them specifically do not use the term "Praise Team", at least to my knowledge. That's a New-E term, not a fundy term. They may use the word Praise, as in Voices of Praise, or some such like, but probably not praise team. I is a fundy, so I saw it.

Not trying to trivialize anyone's problem, just pointing out what I saw.

The author of one of the articles, Samantha Field, has a blog and has responded to PCC's statement. Here are a few of her replies to blog comments posted by others. Looks like this is gonna get bigger...

"First of all: based on the original post, you have absolutely no basis to say that “the attacker was not arrested.” I didn’t say either way, and I did that intentionally. My article was focused on how PCC responds to victims, not about the criminal justice system in Escambia County. I also expect commenters to educate themselves: out of ALL reported rapes, not even a third are arrested, and only a tenth even see a day in prison (and usually serve a prison sentence shorter than five years).

The only thing a rape kit can prove is that there was DNA evidence present, and DNA evidence can be present in consensual AND non-consensual sex. The only thing it can establish is “a penis or a vagina was here.” That’s it.

In David’s case, he was in a smaller dorm room and he only had 2 roommates and he was gagged, which I stated in the original post."

__

"The Pathway (formerly The Student Handbook) states that the college has a “due process” regarding “harassment claims.” When I asked Amy Glenn what it was, she said she couldn’t tell me."

__

"I am not “determined to tear down an institution.” I am trying to be hopeful that the new president, Dr. Shoemaker, will make changes based on what is going to be coming to light.

And you know I’m not trying to “bring to justice the men whom you’re accusing”? Oh, right . . . because you don’t. You have no idea. I have been in communication with lawyers, victim advocates, and rape crisis centers for months now. I am doing everything I can to “bring him to justice.”

__

"I have been contacted by reporters from several news sources in Pensacola, including the Journal."

__

http://defeatingthedragons.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/pcc-has-released-a-statement/

Another one of Samantha Field’s responses:

“Just to clarify a few points: first, the post made it clear that the reasons PCC had for expelling Beth, David, and Whitney were fornication, deceit, and impurity, respectively.”

__

So for PCC to say they never expelled someone for being raped does not mean they did not find other clever ways of accomplishing that same goal. If the records start coming out that they kicked out rape victims for "fornication, deceit and impurity"... Well, that would just be horrific.

The victim was found bound, had a broken arm, a black eye...and was expelled. WTH?

Why would one jump to conclusions?  Everyone knows these things aren't true, just ask dr. saaaaap et al.

bgwilkinson said:
What is with IFB colleges and immoral abusive behavior?

Why would anyone send the kids to one of these?

Better to live at home, go to your own church and attend an accredited state college on the cheap.

Keep your money in your own community.

http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2014/03/public-relations-disasters/

http://www.pcci.edu/response.html
Too bad this happened to her, so sad. Wise words here ^^

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and move in with a bunch of strangers"

oops that's not it

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother and work alongside homo's..."

oops that's not it either..

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh". Gen 2

aww yes...!

OZZY said:
bgwilkinson said:

You have yet to post any proof that one was raped and it was covered up. Which makes just another internet tale bearer..
i can tell sexual abuse hasn't hit too close to home for you or you would have a different attitude about it.

Recovering IFB said:
OZZY said:
bgwilkinson said:

You have yet to post any proof that one was raped and it was covered up. Which makes just another internet tale bearer..
i can tell sexual abuse hasn't hit too close to home for you or you would have a different attitude about it.

There once was a man that said constantly, if I didn't see it, it didn't happen.

He said this as a way to protect himself from criticism.

It worked for him for a few decades.

It no longer works.

This man's legacy and reputation is in ruins.

I watched it happen and kept my mouth shut.

I humbly apologize.

Bystanders are caught between two choices….Party 1 says it happened therefore it happened.  Party 2 says it didn't happen therefore it didn't happen.  That is why most of us can't chime in on this.  We can't say, "I know someone it did happen to therefore this happened, too."  Or, "I know someone who was falsely accused, therefore this is a false accusation."

Facts are facts.  I don't even trust my own opinion.

Has someone posted the police report, or even just the call? It is easily obtainable under a foia request.

Just curious.