People dont get saved because of your bad testimony

Bruh said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:
Of course I do not believe we are His until after Salvation. 

37 All that the Father gives me [they now belong to Jesus] will come to me [future tense, they haven't come to Jesus yet but they already belong to Him], and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

The Father knows the future, I agree with that.

That's not what this passage says.  It says the Father gives first, and THEN the ones the Father gives come.  It doesn't say anything about foreknowledge. 

And, by the way, it doesn't say anything about those the Father does NOT give, but there must be those the Father does not give, otherwise the passage would make no sense. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:

37 All that the Father gives me [they now belong to Jesus] will come to me [future tense, they haven't come to Jesus yet but they already belong to Him], and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

That's not what this passage says.  It says the Father gives first, and THEN the ones the Father gives come.  It doesn't say anything about foreknowledge. 

And, by the way, it doesn't say anything about those the Father does NOT give, but there must be those the Father does not give, otherwise the passage would make no sense.

So we come to the Father, drawn by the Holy Spirit, and given to Jesus.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:

So God is only Eternal in passages that mention it?

He that cometh to God must believe that He is...

rsc2a said:
Bruh said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:

"...saved from the foundation of the world..."

Again.... you're twisting the verse. The verse speaks of the Lamb slain not some supposed idea of "you" being saved from the foundation of the world.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bruh said:

Its really is pitiful how you "Calvinists" live in just a few verses of the Scriptures. I dare say..... you could care less what any other Scripture has to say. Scripture chastens Scripture... if YOUR interpretation of this one verse does not agree with the entirety of Scripture, then YOU'RE wrong.

MrsRow said:
One of my favorite Preachers quoted Ghandi in the past few weeks "I'd be a Christian, if it weren't for Christians"
I guess Ghandi had it right, the real reason ppl dont get saved.

Did that preacher also mention that it was highly unlikely that God was impressed with Ghandi's excuse?

Reformed Guy said:
MrsRow said:
One of my favorite Preachers quoted Ghandi in the past few weeks "I'd be a Christian, if it weren't for Christians"
I guess Ghandi had it right, the real reason ppl dont get saved.

Did that preacher also mention that it was highly unlikely that God was impressed with Ghandi's excuse?

cant remember, i'll have to listen to the sermon again.

I'm new.  I've lurked for awhile. 

Testimonies are incredibly revealing.  Had a traveling "life coach" come to my church years back.  The guy spent an hour virtually "bragging" about his hard upbringing and all the reasons (external) why he should have ended.up a homicidal maniac.  He put a lot of blame on his Mom---she was terrible and that's why he ended up on the streets.  The guy didn't really seem to have any personal sin.  But alas....after talking to a bishop, he found it in himself to accept Jesus into his heart. The man has made one good decision after another for himself after that time----he's now solidly middle-class and has an adorable family. 

55 minutes of this man's testimony were about himself making it in spite of those folks who tried to keep him down.  5 minutes were about Jesus helping our hero to be amazing.  Lol.  Horrible testimony...it wasn't the Gospel at all.

I have heard some good testimonies, but they uplift the Lord, not.the guy standing at the pulpit.  We need to be thankful for those. 

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

i wouldn't doubt i'm probably one of those christians that someone could point to and say that if she's a christian, they dont wanna be one. 
so now what.
i guess i'll take the advice that the same preacher told me a long time ago "plant good seed"