Perry Noble Rescinds Ten Commandments ("God" Told Him To...)

Wow...very sad that in a church of 40,000 no one stands up to speak correction...I guess it is not just the IFB world that has their popes & manogwads!

T-Bone said:
Wow...very sad that in a church of 40,000 no one stands up to speak correction...I guess it is not just the IFB world that has their popes & manogwads!

Most church-goers have been trained to sit quietly in the pews and simply accept everything the manogawd says.  Even those unwilling to accept it won't say anything.  They'll just leave that church and look for another.  And since nobody said anything, those who don't know any better will continue to be misinformed.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Most church-goers have been trained to sit quietly in the pews and simply accept everything the manogawd says.

Yeah, Perry Noble is what's wrong with everyone's pastor! ::)

Ransom said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Most church-goers have been trained to sit quietly in the pews and simply accept everything the manogawd says.

Mater only has one poker card to play and one banjo string to pluck. But gosh darn it he's gonna keep at it until we all submit to his wisdom!  :)

He is dead wrong but I've not even considered promoting the 10 commandments as way of living/pleasing God for a long time now.

The writer of Hebrews wrote...

Heb 12:18  For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
Heb 12:19  And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
Heb 12:20  (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
Heb 12:21  And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

If you think you're keep the 10 commandants you're kidding yourself and ignoring your own guilt. There was NO solution for your disobedience. You're guilty and deserving of the absolute judgment of death.

BUT,.... there is GRAND news. The "Good News" of how Christ Jesus keep the law in receiving its judgement "INSTEAD" of you. Christ Jesus received YOUR judgment of death..... Thank God he conquered DEATH, HELL and the GRAVE.

You can talk of the  10 commandments all you want. I'll talk of my own guilt of not keeping them and deserving the judgement of God..... BUT Jesus took my place and rescued me. I think I speak of Him now....

Of course, I hope that's okay with you.... :)

T-Bone said:
DING DING DING DING DING!
Folks, we have a GRAND PRIZE WINNER of the "SAY IT AINT SO AWARD."  :p

praise_yeshua said:
He is dead wrong but I've not even considered promoting the 10 commandments as way of living/pleasing God for a long time now.

The writer of Hebrews wrote...

Heb 12:18  For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
Heb 12:19  And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
Heb 12:20  (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
Heb 12:21  And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

If you think you're keep the 10 commandants you're kidding yourself and ignoring your own guilt. There was NO solution for your disobedience. You're guilty and deserving of the absolute judgment of death.

BUT,.... there is GRAND news. The "Good News" of how Christ Jesus keep the law in receiving its judgement "INSTEAD" of you. Christ Jesus received YOUR judgment of death..... Thank God he conquered DEATH, HELL and the GRAVE.

You can talk of the  10 commandments all you want. I'll talk of my own guilt of not keeping them and deserving the judgement of God..... BUT Jesus took my place and rescued me. I think I speak of Him now....

Of course, I hope that's okay with you.... :)

While I certainly agree with what you are saying here...none of us could keep the commandments & certainly they have no power to save, they reveal our sinfulness... that is a far cry from what Noble has done in completely changing what the Commandments are, even to the place of denying  they are commandments.

subllibrm said:
Ransom said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Mater only has one poker card to play and one banjo string to pluck. But gosh darn it he's gonna keep at it until we all submit to his wisdom!  :)

Sensitive much?  He made the observation that nobody out of 40,000 said anything.  And I made the observation that this is to be expected when you're not allowed to speak, but are expected to accept whatever the manogawd says.  Do you deny it?  People are actually encouraged to speak up in the congregation during or immediately after a sermon but I don't know about this common practice? 

Are you really suggesting that absolutely nobody out of the 40,000 thought this was a false doctrine, had a differing view or had anything to add or correct, and that's the reason why nobody spoke up? 

The Rogue Tomato said:
subllibrm said:
Ransom said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Sensitive much?  He made the observation that nobody out of 40,000 said anything.  And I made the observation that this is to be expected when you're not allowed to speak, but are expected to accept whatever the manogawd says.  Do you deny it?  People are actually encouraged to speak up in the congregation during or immediately after a sermon but I don't know about this common practice? 

Are you really suggesting that absolutely nobody out of the 40,000 thought this was a false doctrine, had a differing view or had anything to add or correct, and that's the reason why nobody spoke up?
I wonder how long the services would be if if 40,000 Maters insisted on speaking. I wonder if the 1 Mater speaking would be upset if 39,999 Maters stood up and left because they were not getting their turn, or their turn was taking too long to get around to. By my calculations each Mater would have some 2.3 seconds each in a single 24 hour day. Which Mater gets to tell the other Maters they can't speak until tomorrow or next week, or next month? Which Mater tells the Mater who told the Maters that they couldn't speak that that Mater doesn't have the authourity to tell the other Maters they can't speak? How long would it take before all the Maters are talking at once, all 40,000 of them?

Course I wonder a lot of things.

Maybe the problem is the idea of a church of 40,000 then?

ItinerantPreacher said:
rsc2a said:
Maybe the problem t is the idea of a church of 40,000 then?
Read Acts 1-4 lately?

Yeah. God scattered them when they started building an empire. Or did you forget that part?

ItinerantPreacher said:
I wonder how long the services would be if if 40,000 Maters insisted on speaking. I wonder if the 1 Mater speaking would be upset if 39,999 Maters stood up and left because they were not getting their turn, or their turn was taking too long to get around to. By my calculations each Mater would have some 2.3 seconds each in a single 24 hour day. Which Mater gets to tell the other Maters they can't speak until tomorrow or next week, or next month? Which Mater tells the Mater who told the Maters that they couldn't speak that that Mater doesn't have the authourity to tell the other Maters they can't speak? How long would it take before all the Maters are talking at once, all 40,000 of them?

I wonder if only one person had piped up, what the result would have been.  I wonder why you think everyone should be a good little spectator and sit quietly, because if they don't follow that rule, all 40,000 will have to speak (perhaps even at once), and there's no other option. 

You wonder a lot of things, but clearly not enough. 

ItinerantPreacher said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
subllibrm said:
Ransom said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

I wonder why you can't understand the commandments:

1Co 14:37
37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

The Rogue Tomato said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

I wonder if only one person had piped up, what the result would have been.  I wonder why you think everyone should be a good little spectator and sit quietly, because if they don't follow that rule, all 40,000 will have to speak (perhaps even at once), and there's no other option. 

I agree it would be unproductive to try to counter the preacher during the service, but what is the venue to handle this.

Many churches have no venue to speak up about corruption, heresy, or mis-management or other concerns.  Even suggestions are not welcome in most assemblies. In many IFB churches anyone who questions the preaching or actions of the preacher are maligned publically or even run off. This is why so many scandals happen, because of no accountability. What is the biblical process to handle such issues.

sword said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
I wonder how long the services would be if if 40,000 Maters insisted on speaking. I wonder if the 1 Mater speaking would be upset if 39,999 Maters stood up and left because they were not getting their turn, or their turn was taking too long to get around to. By my calculations each Mater would have some 2.3 seconds each in a single 24 hour day. Which Mater gets to tell the other Maters they can't speak until tomorrow or next week, or next 4month? Which Mater tells the Mater who told the Maters that they couldn't speak that that Mater doesn't have the authourity to tell the other Maters they can't speak? How long would it take before all the Maters are talking at once, all 40,000 of them?

I agree it would be unproductive to try to counter the preacher during the service, but what is the venue to handle this.

Many churches have no venue to speak up about corruption, heresy, or mis-management or other concerns.  Even suggestions are not welcome in most assemblies. In many IFB churches anyone who questions the preaching or actions of the preacher are maligned publically or even run off. This is why so many scandals happen, because of no accountability. What is the biblical process to handle such issues.
Matthew 18

sword said:

"During the service" is the problem.  Meetings aren't about listening to one person speak.  There's a reason why 1 Cor 14 says, "29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge."  So one person rescinds the 10 commandments.  The next person says this is bad doctrine.  Let the other listeners judge. 

By the way, applying Matthew 18 to this is absurd.