PGA vs LIV Golf

I hope the PGA stands by the decision to not allow most of these idiots to golf in the PGA tourneys. I know that the Augusta Masters tourney has made it danged near impossible for these people to golf in their tournament.

I hope the PGA stands by the decision to not allow most of these idiots to golf in the PGA tourneys. I know that the Augusta Masters tourney has made it danged near impossible for these people to golf in their tournament.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Although I’m not a fan of the ownership of LIV, I have to say that golf needs a bit of a rebranding, and the PGA has had a death group on golf for far too long. What’s happening in golf now is capitalism at its finest, and the competition of LIV will make the PGA a better product in the long run. Even Rory McIlroy came out the other day and admitted this: https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2...yers-on-antiquated-pga-tour-says-rory-mcilroy

I have to disagree with you on this one. Although I’m not a fan of the ownership of LIV, I have to say that golf needs a bit of a rebranding, and the PGA has had a death group on golf for far too long. What’s happening in golf now is capitalism at its finest, and the competition of LIV will make the PGA a better product in the long run. Even Rory McIlroy came out the other day and admitted this: https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2...yers-on-antiquated-pga-tour-says-rory-mcilroy
They're allowed to be wrong, just as you are. :)

Like Phil said, everyone will see the shenanigans of the PGA soon in court. Also, every PGA player has benefited by the the competition of another tour. The PGA has basically doubled prize money and other benefits, hence the reason guys like Rory are suddenly *crickets* (I guess Trump was right again!) 😉

LIV will become the equivalent of the USFL, just my NSHO.

LIV will become the equivalent of the USFL, just my NSHO.
I actually think the PGA will eventually absorb them in some billion dollar deal. TBH, I think that’s always been the plan of the Saudis. Time will tell….

Then you should also be leery of the PGA Tour, because they’re in bed with Saudi money as well: https://progolfweekly.com/entire-pg...ands-making-billions-from-saudi-arabia/?amp=1
Fortunately, I'm not a supporter of either entity. Golf is just not my thing. I've dabbled in it and I once got the prize for highest score in a tournament. The local driving ranges sound the "all clear" when I leave. There's a set of clubs in my basement right next to our exercise bike.

Thanks, but TBH, I really have to give credit to Trump because he first said any player who doesn’t take the millions offered by the Saudis is a fool because it’ll just end with one league absorbing the other. Of course, I don’t think anyone thought it’d happen this quickly.

The LIV Tour really wasn’t all that successful from a commercial perspective, but the PGA was desperate to avoid litigation. I think the PGA was hiding some massive secrets that were going to come out through the discovery process in court, and I think the Saudis knew what those secrets were and basically blackmailed the league. Just my intuition speaking here….

I really don't care about Professional golfers. I just like walking the course with my beautiful wife and getting better than my 81 for 9 holes.

Thanks, but TBH, I really have to give credit to Trump because he first said any player who doesn’t take the millions offered by the Saudis is a fool because it’ll just end with one league absorbing the other. Of course, I don’t think anyone thought it’d happen this quickly.

The LIV Tour really wasn’t all that successful from a commercial perspective, but the PGA was desperate to avoid litigation. I think the PGA was hiding some massive secrets that were going to come out through the discovery process in court, and I think the Saudis knew what those secrets were and basically blackmailed the league. Just my intuition speaking here….
Yeah, I know you weren’t claiming originality for the prognostication, but at least you were on record for how you thought it would play out and was fairly accurate. The nastiness of those betrayed will be interesting to watch going forward.

I really don't care about Professional golfers. I just like walking the course with my beautiful wife and getting better than my 81 for 9 holes.
Oh boy…I hope you’re being facetious about that 81! Regardless, walking a par 3 is my favorite form of golf. I used to enjoy playing at fancy par 72 courses, but between the cost and time commitment, I prefer shorter courses theses days when I get a chance to play.