Phil Kidd

praise_yeshua

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting....

http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2015/05/empathy

Kidd1.jpg

I didn't read the article but wonder why a Baptist preacher needed to drive a new Jaguar and carry a Montblanc pen?

(Assuming it is a legit tweet.)

It's a legit  tweet. 

There's things regarding Kidd that I've contemplated posting for some time.  Maybe sometime I will.  For now it will suffice to say that he is now Pastor of a church in my area-  a church with which I have a special connection- a church whose former pastor I have known my entire life and for whom I have great respect and affection- even if I have strong disagreement. 

It's a story that deeply saddens me.

edit-- After I posted I looked at Kidd's twitter feed and the link above appears somewhat embellished.  I don't know what may have been originally posted and later altered/deleted, but if the SFL folks have embellished the tweet that is shameful.  I say this with neither high regard for SFL or Phil Kidd.

Reformed Guy said:
It's a legit  tweet. 

There's things regarding Kidd that I've contemplated posting for some time.  Maybe sometime I will.  For now it will suffice to say that he is now Pastor of a church in my area-  a church with which I have a special connection- a church whose former pastor I have known my entire life and for whom I have great respect and affection- even if I have strong disagreement. 

It's a story that deeply saddens me.

edit-- After I posted I looked at Kidd's twitter feed and the link above appears somewhat embellished.  I don't know what may have been originally posted and later altered/deleted, but if the SFL folks have embellished the tweet that is shameful.  I say this with neither high regard for SFL or Phil Kidd.

The tweet was a screen grab. That is why its an "image". Its a point in time capture. Kidd obviously changed it. Nothing shameful or dishonest going on. This isn't the first time a man like "Kidd" posted something, later changed it, and acted like he never wrote it to start with. That's why people do "screen captures" of such. The image hasn't been manipulated.

Smellin Coffee said:
I didn't read the article but wonder why a Baptist preacher needed to drive a new Jaguar and carry a Montblanc pen?

Some try to live like Kings and preach like paupers. I know a guy right now that was pulling down over 100,000 a year and preaching on tithing every chance he got. He even received a percentage of the love offering instead of a base salary. Talk about a conflict of interest.

praise_yeshua said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Some try to live like Kings and preach like paupers. I know a guy right now that was pulling down over 100,000 a year and preaching on tithing every chance he got. He even received a percentage of the love offering instead of a base salary. Talk about a conflict of interest.

When I lived in NW Indiana, the pastor of the big charismatic church in Munster was the same way. He lived in a gated community in one of the larger homes (my friend was his yard caretaker). His wife drove a 100K car and he drove another but when he went to church, he drove a third family car, a beat-up clunker.

Kidd scrubbed his twitter and Facebook after receiving a lot of grief over the post.

And he threatened to sue for defamation or libel or whatever because they used his own words to show how disingenuous he is. And the pen, well, it was a gift. And the car, well it wasn't really new. It was from his wife's investments or something like that.  So the car was either new or it wasn't. Take your pick. He lied, either which way.

When you can't take the heat from your story, make up details.

WhoppinBiscuits said:
And he threatened to sue for defamation or libel or whatever because they used his own words to show how disingenuous he is. And the pen, well, it was a gift. And the car, well it wasn't really new. It was from his wife's investments or something like that.  So the car was either new or it wasn't. Take your pick. He lied, either which way.

When you can't take the heat from your story, make up details.

Hey.... Are you here to whoop on biscuits? :)

So I poked around SFL and sdee that the owner dude blew up his car and the gang over there bought him new wheels. Pretty nice of them.

Good thing he wasn't a fundy asking for money. He would have to do a hack-job writeup on himself.  8)

$2000 beater =/= new jag

rsc2a said:
$2000 beater =/= new jag

$4000 to spend (so far). No mention of what is/was bought that I could see. But you know the whole glass houses thing. Make judgements about how other people conduct their lives and you open yourself to scrutiny as well. I don't really care. I just found it interesting that for all the blather about preachers in it for the money ... never mind, you won't see it even if I paint if fluorescent pink and shine a black light on it.

FWIW I am glad they weren't driving the thing when the wheel came off (literally).

A used minivan. After the wheels actually fell off of the other minivan.

Clearly comparable to a pastor who drives a new Jag and carries $400 ink pens.

rsc2a said:

Read what I write rather than respond to what you wish I had written.

For the record, he may have bought it with his own hard earned money. Investments, inheritance, etc.. Whoever this guy is.

Meaning he didn't defrauded people via using their donations.

Maybe mine doesn't compare but i just bought a 2015 Tesla. Cost was $120 thousand and technically,I  am still a Pastor for a little while. We're now caring for my elderly inlaws so that's our life.

We plan on driving it for the rest of our lives. We also loan it out to the kids. Since my eyes are going downhill, many of the features  really help me in driving. No emissions and we'll not need to purchase a car ever again

Otherwise I am a cheapskate overall. I always bought wrecked BMW's at the junkyard, fix them up, painted them, then and drive them for 2-3 years. Did this from ages 25-40 ( just a few years ago). Then re-sold them so we never lost money on cars but too many caught onto this so that ended that.

subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:

Read what I write rather than respond to what you wish I had written.

Have you never met r2?!
He always responds to what he thinks you said... one might even say he's obtuse!  :D

Smellin Coffee said:
praise_yeshua said:
Smellin Coffee said:

When I lived in NW Indiana, the pastor of the big charismatic church in Munster was the same way. He lived in a gated community in one of the larger homes (my friend was his yard caretaker). His wife drove a 100K car and he drove another but when he went to church, he drove a third family car, a beat-up clunker.

They still live over there. Their church has been through a lot of deep financial problems in the past couple of years.