Please define King James Version Only and King James Version Onlyist

Mitex

Elect
Reaction score
In your own words please define what you mean when you refer to King James Version Only and King James Version Onlyist.

It is a distinction without a difference.

I only really know of a King James Only/ist and a King James Preferred.

FSSL said:
It is a distinction without a difference.

I only really know of a King James Only/ist and a King James Preferred.
Surely, you don't need to check the wind gauge in order to define what YOU mean when you say either King James Only, King James Onlyist and/or King James Preferred. Come out from behind the shadows and commit to something once in your life.

Mitex said:
In your own words please define what you mean when you refer to King James Version Only and King James Version Onlyist.

King James Version Only is an adjective.

King James Version Onlyist is a noun.

Mitex said:
Surely, you don't need to check the wind gauge in order to define what YOU mean when you say either King James Only, King James Onlyist and/or King James Preferred. Come out from behind the shadows and commit to something once in your life.

Mitex... why do you have to work so hard to imagine? Doncha know? The consensus of AV believers has determined that the King James is the standard Bible, not to be tampered with or updated.

The rest of us, well... we either prefer to use it or prefer to use a bunch of translations and encourage others to do likewise.

FSSL said:
The rest of us, well... we either prefer to use it or prefer to use a bunch of translations and encourage others to do likewise.

My denomination isn't included in Mitex' macro listing all the churches that buy into the "consensus," which presumably means I can make up my own mind. :)

Ransom said:
My denomination isn't included...

I do get a chuckle out of Mitex when he says to "commit to something." Mitex is not represented in that denominational list, either! He is professedly "undenominational". A closet Baptist (minus the "p" because that would include soul-liberty.

im a 1611 KJV onlyist......I believe that all the others are attempts of the devil to corrupt the word of God and make it so that someone who has never heard any bible stories or verses would be misled on many different topics....

bgwilkinson said:
Bo said:
im a 1611 KJV onlyist......I believe that all the others are attempts of the devil to corrupt the word of God and make it so that someone who has never heard any bible stories or verses would be misled on many different topics....

Here are high res photos of an original KJV1611. Is this the one you use?

http://sceti.library.upenn.edu/sceti/printedbooksNew/index.cfm?TextID=kjbible&PagePosition=1

That's it!  But my copy is all marked up where I had to fix all the misspelled words.

Bo said:

Bet you're not...bet you could not even read a 1611 KJV.

Bo said:

Which causes you to believe the earth is flat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
Bo said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt...ROFL!

FSSL said:
Bo said:

...and square.

T-Bone said:
Bo said:

I fay unto vou that such a practife is not as difficulte as it feemeth.

Bo said:

Yeah, but you also believe the earth is flat. The rest of us moved out of our caves eons ago.

Walt said:
T-Bone said:
Bo said:

Not in a sentence like that...but try a whole page...maybe you could, still doubt he could. :D

Bo said:

I hate to break this to you, because it kind of makes me feel like when you finally tell a kid there is no Santa Clause. I have an original kjv1611. There ARE differences between that and the 'version' you read. And I mean differences in the text itself and not just spelling and punctuation like you (and I) were taught.

T-Bone said:
Walt said:
T-Bone said:
Bo said:

Not in a sentence like that...but try a whole page...maybe you could, still doubt he could. :D

Sorry, my humor intent didn't come through; I actually agree with you that few people could read the font and spelling of the 1611 KJV.  I have a 1611 KJV, and it is very hard to read - mostly because of the font, in my opinion.

BALAAM said:
Bo said:

I hate to break this to you, because it kind of makes me feel like when you finally tell a kid there is no Santa Clause. I have an original kjv1611. There ARE differences between that and the 'version' you read. And I mean differences in the text itself and not just spelling and punctuation like you (and I) were taught.

If I remember correctly, after leaving off spelling changes and printer errors, the changes from the 1611 KJV as originally published compared to today's KJV has 143 changes, none of them substantive. (I'm doing this from memory; I can look up the sources if someone things that this is way off).