Politics

Teri in NC

Elect
Reaction score
Do we discuss politics here at all or must we leave to go upstairs for those conversations?

patriotic said:
We've discussed them here.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy

For some reason this verse came to mind.

We (the country) are in major trouble, aren't we?

I know how the story ends.  I have read and believe the Bible.

And it looks like we know how the election is going to end.

Worrying does nothing...I know.

But I am.  :(

In my lifetime I have never seen an election like the one ahead of us.  Most of the time each party has a candidate that the majority is backing.  Obviously, Hillary is the Democratic pick.  Trump is leading in the polls, but the Republican establishment doesn't really want him as the candidate.  I believe the majority of conservatives (as well as the Republican establishment) would like to see Cruz as the candidate.

Hillary is being investigated and has a lot of dirty laundry, yet the American people vote for her.  Trump is like no one we've ever seen.  He is saying things that normally would cause him to be tossed aside, yet the American people vote for him.  Hillary is getting her votes because that's how Democrats vote.  Trump is getting his votes because there is a section of America that is just "fed up" with politics and he has said some extreme things to which they agree.

Our country is in trouble!

RAIDER said:
In my lifetime I have never seen an election like the one ahead of us.  Most of the time each party has a candidate that the majority is backing.  Obviously, Hillary is the Democratic pick.  Trump is leading in the polls, but the Republican establishment doesn't really want him as the candidate.  I believe the majority of conservatives (as well as the Republican establishment) would like to see Cruz as the candidate.

Hillary is being investigated and has a lot of dirty laundry, yet the American people vote for her.  Trump is like no one we've ever seen.  He is saying things that normally would cause him to be tossed aside, yet the American people vote for him.  Hillary is getting her votes because that's how Democrats vote.  Trump is getting his votes because there is a section of America that is just "fed up" with politics and he has said some extreme things to which they agree.

Our country is in trouble!

I agree with the analysis -- not sure our country is in any more trouble than it has since our nation decided we don't need God.

I am not typically a worrier, and I can'tell say I'm really worried now.

But recent months have dedinitely brought some thoughts of concern to my mind.
Still, I know my God is in control. I know that almost sounds trite and overused, but it remains true regardless of Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, or the seemingly stupid voters in the USA.

The judgment of God always falls on the unrepentant, including unrepentant nations. People think of judgment as being military defeat or economic enslavement. Judgment starts long before then. It begins when the Lord allows people to harden their hearts and obtain their own desires. Nationally speaking, long before it is seen as a military catastrophe, loss of influence, decline of empire, etc. it is seen when God allows a nation to have bad leadership.

We are past trouble. We are already living in a time of judgment with the current president we have. Has this judgment turned the country around, moved it to repentance? No. It has only firmed it up in its rebellion against God. Looking forward, then, it is no coincidence that the three of the four people most likely to be our next president are appalling in almost every respect, and the fourth reminds me at times of Nixon.

Is it really that bleak? Again, no, because as God's people we look through/beyond this rebellion, this judgment, and beyond even the worse judgments to come. We see the glory of the end. And so we hope.

patriotic said:
I am not typically a worrier, and I can'tell say I'm really worried now.

But recent months have dedinitely brought some thoughts of concern to my mind.
Still, I know my God is in control. I know that almost sounds trite and overused, but it remains true regardless of Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, or the seemingly stupid voters in the USA.

I need some of your faith.  I'm not a worrier and am.  :(

Eh what's gonna happen is what's gonna happen.

It's very interesting to see the end times coming together. It's gonna get very very ugly.

It's sad and interesting to me the older I get to see people only living for this world, Trump, Clinton's, Cruz, Rubio, Bush's and others.

We have all heard the statement, "As go the pulpits, so goes the country". 

A little bit funny...

http://cwmemory.com/2016/03/29/if-donald-trump-had-delivered-the-gettysburg-address/

I saw a bumper sticker on a car ahead of me today.  It read:

I'm Ready for HILLARY.

Then my brakes ALMOST gave out on me. 

patriotic said:

I'm Ready for HILLARY.

I saw a meme on facebook that said "I AM READY TO SERVE MY FIRST TIME" with a picture of her face behind prison bars.  :)

Teri in NC said:
patriotic said:

I'm Ready for HILLARY.

I saw a meme on facebook that said "I AM READY TO SERVE MY FIRST TIME" with a picture of her face behind prison bars.  :)

I like that idea.