Status
Not open for further replies.

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
PY has been banned.
He is using this forum to promote his own, newly created forum.
I wish him well, but that is really unethical.

Further, PY hacked into the Admin account and posted a warning about banning him.

The admin account has been deleted and administrator's passwords have been changed.

PY owned the forum before me. I don't know if he had my password or a work-around.

So, I had only one option... delete the ADMIN account and change the password on the control panel.

Also, I am preventing a couple of other forum members, who is with him so he cannot get access through those avenues.

That'll boost every users confidence.

It goes from 18% confidence to 9% confidence.

Exactly, in what way?

Admin access does not give you access to passwords or even private messages. He could have taken down the forum... but that is backed up, anyways.

And "joshua" (PY) just created a sock using a tor connection.

FSSL said:
And "joshua" (PY) just created a sock using a tor connection.
Could yeah break that down a little for a dummy like me? I get tor, a network to hide ip addresses hence hiding physical location, by sock do you mean "sock puppet", ie false identity?

ItinerantPreacher said:
Could yeah break that down a little for a dummy like me? I get tor, a network to hide ip addresses hence hiding physical location, by sock do you mean "sock puppet", ie false identity?

Yep. A sock puppet / false identity. His name is not "Joshua." His other aliases here were locked down, so he went for it! ;)

FSSL said:
PY owned the forum before me. I don't know if he had my password or a work-around.
So, I had only one option... delete the ADMIN account and change the password on the control panel.
Also, I am preventing a couple of other forum members, who is with him so he cannot get access through those avenues.
For the sake of Transparency who were the other users and were they legitimate or sock.I don't really like all the conflict and hope an attempt will be made to act like adults. It seems there are some here, Ransom included, who do not like people who disagree with them. We can have very differing views and still be civil. Some of the name calling seems very childish to me. Not sure how many others agree but that how I feel.

Other than the bickering between admin / ransom and others I think things are being run very well. Keep up the good work.

sword said:
For the sake of Transparency who were the other users and were they legitimate or sock.I don't really like all the conflict and hope an attempt will be made to act like adults. It seems there are some here, Ransom included, who do not like people who disagree with them. We can have very differing views and still be civil. Some of the name calling seems very childish to me. Not sure how many others agree but that how I feel.

Other than the bickering between admin / ransom and others I think things are being run very well. Keep up the good work.

PY and his aliases christundivided and his "sock", joshua (who was deleted before he even posted), were banned. He logged into my admin account without permission and threatened me about banning him.

Rogue Tomato has not been banned. Just prevented from gaining access temporarily.

Aleshanee is prevented from gaining access, temporarily. She is not banned. I am taking precautions for the moment because she has aligned with PY and Rogue Tomato and made public statements on two other forums related to recruiting members from here through the PM feature.

In all... I am tired of the drama. We are having some good discussions right now.

FSSL said:
Rogue Tomato has not been banned. Just prevented from gaining access temporarily.

Aleshanee is prevented from gaining access, temporarily. She is not banned. I am taking precautions for the moment because she has aligned with PY and Rogue Tomato and made public statements on two other forums related to recruiting members from here through the PM feature.
IMHO, the place would start to suck if those two were gone for good. It already sucks a little from not having Secret Squirrel.

Izdaari said:
IMHO, the place would start to suck if those two were gone for good. It already sucks a little from not having Secret Squirrel.
What sucks is when grown adults start acting out like little snot-nosed brats throwing a hissy fit when they don't get their way.

No matter.  His "new" forum will last about as long as it takes for those disgruntled brats to finish talking trash about this forum.  Then it will fade away just like other spin-offs.

sword said:
It seems there are some here, Ransom included, who do not like people who disagree with them.

What in the world are you talking about? I have never taken any sort of action against someone because they disagreed with me - PY included. If they are impolite (and Yeezy certainly is impolite every time he declares someone stupid or dishonest for disagreeing with him), I will be impolite back, but it takes more than mere disagreement and impoliteness to get me to push any moderator buttons.

I honestly am not sure there is adequate proof that Aleshanee has aligned with anyone. I think temporarily preventing her from gaining access is heavy handed. I can't locate a single post on the forum informing this .net body of users to leave and join any new forum. Furthermore, I can't understand the injustice of simply sharing that other forums are open and usable. Plus, activity on another forum shouldn't be a justifiable cause to ban or prevent a user from using this one. Unless it is illegal activity - and in this case it isn't anything illegal.

Can you be more specific? Show proof of the injustice?

I find Aleshanee to be an honorable person. A well rounded contributor to this forum.

Tim said:
I honestly am not sure there is adequate proof that Aleshanee has aligned with anyone. I think temporarily preventing her from gaining access is heavy handed.

PY was promoting his new forum in his signature line. If it was simply another Bible forum, fine. However, his new forum replicates this one and is designed to undermine this one. Common sense shows that was unethical and malicious. Unlike the birth of this one from the .com, which was rendered unusable, this one is thriving and our current membership is active.

I am not providing the location of their new forum. There have been many false accusations made toward other posters, including myself, and I am not about to rehash the recent events.

There are plenty of statements, she and others have made, about undermining our efforts here and replicating this forum, elsewhere. Which they have done.

I am going to let things "settle down" and reconsider allowing her freedom to post here again. At the moment, I do not trust their involvement here is going to be in the best interests of the health and longevity of this forum.

Funny thing about their new forum... there is not a single fundamentalist on their forum and I doubt any of them have a complete Bible between them all! ;)

I am locking this thread down... ONLY because it will serve no good purpose for it to keep getting bumped. I am not interested in adding more fuel to their bonfire of a forum.

If anyone has any questions, they may PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.