Prayer for my family please

BALAAM

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I would like to ask you to pray for my family and especially my mom. My dad had a stroke last Saturday. I went up North to see him and even though he is responsive and knows everyone his left side is affected and he can't hardly speak. He is unable to swallow so he would have to have a feeding tube, go to a nursing home, and still continue dialysis three times a week. They have a living will from about 15 years ago that states no feeding tubes but you kind of wonder when it happens.

They asked my dad yesterday and he said no feeding tubes. They will also discontinue the dialysis so he will probably be gone within a week. Going to see him again today. He has struggled with health issues the last 10 years like you wouldn't believe. Heart valve replacement and all the joys of having to be on blood thinners where a bloody nose in winter is a trip to the er. Kidney failure, dialysis, kidney transplant, congestive heart failure, dialysis again after 10 years, and some mini strokes in the last couple of years. My mom is pretty calm on the outside but I know her.

Prayer outbound for wisdom, peace that passes our understanding and trust that God has it all handled.

Bless your heart, friend.

Thanks for bringing it to us. We count it an honor to pray with you.

I am praying for your dad and your family.

Please know I understand your post. My prayers are with you...Psalms 121 " The Lord is my help"!!

Praying for your dad, you and your family and friends during this time. May God grant your dad a peaceful entrance into Heaven.

Praying for you during this unsteady time. 

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me. Psalm 31:3

The doctor explained to him again on Saturday morning very carefully what his options were. He knows everyone and understands everything but can't speak(just mumble) swallow or much of anything else. He said we will pull out the tubes you have now, stop all meds except for morphine, and discontinue the dialysis. He said you will die but you won't be in any pain or discomfort. My dad shook his head that he understood and then shook his head yes that that was what he wanted. I don't know how long it takes once you stop the dialysis but I am assuming about a week is all he will last on this earth.

Thanks for the prayers and especially for my mom. She is very calm and sedate on the outside but I know she isn't on the inside.