Prayer for my family please

BALAAM said:
The doctor explained to him again on Saturday morning very carefully what his options were. He knows everyone and understands everything but can't speak(just mumble) swallow or much of anything else. He said we will pull out the tubes you have now, stop all meds except for morphine, and discontinue the dialysis. He said you will die but you won't be in any pain or discomfort. My dad shook his head that he understood and then shook his head yes that that was what he wanted. I don't know how long it takes once you stop the dialysis but I am assuming about a week is all he will last on this earth.

Thanks for the prayers and especially for my mom. She is very calm and sedate on the outside but I know she isn't on the inside.

I don't mean to sound cliche, but God will give you strength and grace for today.  When you arise tomorrow He will do the same.  Don't wonder about tomorrows strength today.  It will be there waiting tomorrow.  Praying for you and your family. 

I am friends with Mrs. Balaam on facebook and she posted yesterday that they were saying their goodbyes. She and the family are grateful for Heaven!

Don't want to sound sacreligious here but, when I have to go up for my dad's funeral I will have to drive right by Lambeau Field. If anyone wants me to get them anything??? My dad took me to my first Packer game around 1965. I have never lost the fever.

IFB X-Files said:
BALAAM said:
If anyone wants me to get them anything???

Cut me out a small section of turf.  I love all things Green!

Noted! I will try but I am sure they have more security guards than Jack Hyles!

BALAAM said:
Don't want to sound sacreligious here but, when I have to go up for my dad's funeral I will have to drive right by Lambeau Field. If anyone wants me to get them anything??? My dad took me to my first Packer game around 1965. I have never lost the fever.

Can you get me a quarterback?  :)

Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:

Can you get me a quarterback?  :)

Bart Starr is still pretty spry!

Just got back on the site....praying for you and your family.

Would love some fresh cheese curds, but dont think they would be very fresh once they got to me!!! What town does your dad live in?

kaba said:

Would love some fresh cheese curds, but dont think they would be very fresh once they got to me!!! What town does your dad live in?

Kaba, he and my mom live in Pound. Nobody else in the us would know where this is but I am sure you do.

My brother told me today that hey have started my dad on morphine.
This is the first day that he will go without dialysis and because of the morphine he is kind of out of it. My SIL (Brian Hasse) will preach my dads funeral. Love that old man!

BALAAM said:
kaba said:

Kaba, he and my mom live in Pound. Nobody else in the us would know where this is but I am sure you do.

Yes, I do! Is he in GB hospital? or Marinette? Prayers your way, I know it is hard to see this coming.

kaba said:
BALAAM said:
kaba said:

Yes, I do! Is he in GB hospital? or Marinette? Prayers your way, I know it is hard to see this coming.

Marinette. Ironically it is the same hospital where I and all my brothers were born along with all of my kids.

This is heavy on my heart. Thought of you guys through out the day!!

BALAAM said:
kaba said:

Two things:

1. I also would LOVE some fresh cheese curds.
2.  I also jnow where Pound, WI is. I have been there. Beautiful area!

BALAAM said:
My brother told me today that hey have started my dad on morphine.
This is the first day that he will go without dialysis and because of the morphine he is kind of out of it. My SIL (Brian Hasse) will preach my dads funeral. Love that old man!

Praying for The LORD's blessing for your family.

Just a little update here for those of you who have prayed:

Last Saturday they took him off all feeding and discontinued his dialysis. Doctor said that in his experience and opinion that the swallowing doesn't usually come back and my dad understood and said enough. Whole family, cousins, grandkids, etc. came by and said their tearful goodbyes. Doctor said maybe three or four days. Relatives were considering cancelling travel plans just in case. Yesterday he was eating jello and mashed potatoes and nurses were walking him in the hall. Now, they said they have seen many people rally just before they get worse so time will tell.

As of yesterday he went back on dialysis and will probably have to go to a nursing home for rehab but that could change at any time. Feel kind of foolish but that is what we believed and were told.

Still praying for the LORD's blessing on your family.

God is so good.

still praying for you my friend