Praying about who to vote for....

praise_yeshua

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Had another friend post a message to his 5000 friends and 2000 plus followers......

telling them he had prayed about who to vote for.... and it was Ted Cruz.

Now, I know he would never tell someone who to vote for..... Yet, he would use his influence by saying he "prayed" and God gave him an answer. Implying..... that everyone should get the same answer.

What happens when one of God's little children gets a different answer??

This happens all the time. In fact, it believe its wrong to subtly try to influence others by claiming you received divine direction to do something.

What say you?

I agree. Ultimately, I think we tend to use that term in an effort to justify our own opinions. That is a part of human nature as I am just as guilty, though I try harder now to verbally 'spiritualize' my conversations/interactions/decision-making.

Saw something the other day about Cruz and Trump. One thinks he speaks on behalf of God and the other thinks he IS God!

:p

praise_yeshua said:
What happens when one of God's little children gets a different answer??

Well, if he's confident the answer came from God, I would hope he would obey it and vote accordingly.

A funny story along these lines. When I was in college, my dad was transferred north with the railroad and has to sell our house. He put it up for sale and had a preacher come through the house. After he went through it, he told my dad and mom  that God had told him that dad was going to give him the house. My dad said, "Well, when God tells me to give it to you I will." 
Needless to say, the preacher didn't get the house!

Most people pray to God for direction in their lives. Most get different answers. That is why we have doctors AND forklift drivers.

I love to hear the stories of how God led people to different decisions in their lives. I find it not the least bit troublesome.

BTW I prayed about what I should have for breakfast and I don't expect you to have cold pizza just because I did.  ;D

subllibrm said:
Most people pray to God for direction in their lives. Most get different answers. That is why we have doctors AND forklift drivers.

I love to hear the stories of how God led people to different decisions in their lives. I find it not the least bit troublesome.

BTW I prayed about what I should have for breakfast and I don't expect you to have cold pizza just because I did.  ;D

You seriously prayed about what to eat for breakfast and God divinely answered you?

Asking God about a career choice isn't asking God about a vote for the same office. It's ridiculous to make such a comparison.

praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:

You seriously prayed about what to eat for breakfast and God divinely answered you?

Asking God about a career choice isn't asking God about a vote for the same office. It's ridiculous to make such a comparison.

What is ridiculous is how you get your panties in a wad over the most innocuous things.

subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:

What is ridiculous is how you get your panties in a wad over the most innocuous things.

I'll take that as a..

You're right. Thanks

praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:

I'll take that as a..

You're right. Thanks

I'll take that as a "when someone shares that they feel the decision they are making is the result of prayer, what they actually mean is that I should do exactly what they're doing (even if they don't even say that) just like visitor cards are an affront to all things Christian and should be railed against because those who pass them out are obviously trying to do nasty evil things".

subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:
praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:

I'll take that as a..

You're right. Thanks

I'll take that as a "when someone shares that they feel the decision they are making is the result of prayer, what they actually mean is that I should do exactly what they're doing (even if they don't even say that) just like visitor cards are an affront to all things Christian and should be railed against because those who pass them out are obviously trying to do nasty evil things".

You sound lie Hillary Clinton. I didn't say any such thing. I explained myself extensively.