Predator by Terri Blackstock

PappaBear

Elect
Reaction score
I have discovered several good Christian fiction authors over the last decade.  One of them is Terri Blackstock.  My first experience with her writings was listening to The Restoration Series on audio years ago.  It was superb, and included explicit witnesses of salvation while weaving a very believable story.

However, one book stands way out.  That is her book, "Predator."  This is a novel about a lady who loses her sister to an online predator and the dangers of revealing too much information on social networking sites.  This is a book I believe would be great for every parent of a teenager who is involved in Facebook or Myspace and such like to read.  They should also give it to their youth, and discuss some of it. 

I have not read all of Mrs. Blackstock's books, but the ones I have were more than merely entertaining.  Reading her bio's, the lady identifies with a lot of our modern culture because of experiences from it -- divorce, a daughter involved with drugs, and the fairly newish "online community."  Her writing contains a holding power of fascination that is rare and entwines eternal truths and moral choices that confront today's Christians.  I rarely recommend fiction books, though I do enjoy good Christian fiction.  But Predator is a book I have openly recommended and even given copies to some teens.