Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife

No.

But Amazon recommended this book ...

51usJvexSmL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-67,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Biblical-Proof-Animals-Heaven-ebook/dp/B009GJRAIG/ref=pd_sim_kstore_3

I believe that when someone is just clinically dead they don't actually see the beyond, they just have really cool dreams.

brianb said:
I believe that when someone is just clinically dead they don't actually see the beyond, they just have really cool dreams.

Yeah, I generally agree.  That's what makes the story of the neurosurgeon in the OP even more compelling.  Early in his life he had adopted a position that there existed an all-loving God but through his scientific and academic development he abandoned that view in favor of a naturalistic one.  His scientific background gives him plenty of room for general skepticism towards the supernatural.  In his own case, he had a sever case of meningitis that would have effectively rendered his brain's functioning to nil.  In his own words, the dreams wouldn't be a logical outcome in light of the severity and nature of his illness.

ALAYMAN said:
OZZY said:
ALAYMAN said:
i saw him on tv pure poppy cock

Why do you believe it to be poppy cock?  Do you believe that anybody has ever had a true near-death experience where they encountered the supernatural in such a suspended state?  Or is it just this guy's experience that you refer to as lacking credibility?

By his own account the man is unsaved. So if he did indeed die and go somewhere it would not have a place of comfort as he described, but rather a place of utter discomfort.

[quote author=OZZY]By his own account the man is unsaved. So if he did indeed die and go somewhere it would not have a place of comfort as he described, but rather a place of utter discomfort.[/quote]

Ohio?

OZZY said:
By his own account the man is unsaved. So if he did indeed die and go somewhere it would not have a place of comfort as he described, but rather a place of utter discomfort.

Could you point me to where it is that he has made statements that he is not a Christian?

Do you think that God could speak to somebody via such an experience who was not already a Christian?

ALAYMAN said:
OZZY said:

Could you point me to where it is that he has made statements that he is not a Christian?

Do you think that God could speak to somebody via such an experience who was not already a Christian?

He made the statement during an interview I saw . As to the second question  no nor do I think he would speak to a Christian via such an experience.

Light, warmth...what could be wrong with something so feely goody?

2 Corinthians 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

OZZY said:
ALAYMAN said:

He made the statement during an interview I saw . As to the second question  no nor do I think he would speak to a Christian via such an experience.

You don't think God could?

JrChurch said:
Light, warmth...what could be wrong with something so feely goody?

2 Corinthians 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

I understand your natural skepticism, I don't necessarily disagree that there are difficulties with conceiving of God working through such "revelations"/dreams/exchanges, but I'm not so dogmatic as to put God in a box that says He CANNOT use such innocent means of communicating with people in rare circumstances.  He's God, He can do anything within His character, right?

rsc2a said:
OZZY said:
ALAYMAN said:

You don't think God could?

I don't think God would

OZZY said:
I don't think God would

Why don't you think that God would communicate with people in near death experiences?