Question about swim center

William Henderson

Elect
Reaction score
I am going to be an incoming student to PCC and have some questions about the swim center.

Do the showers at the swim center have privacy dividers?

Are male students expected to wear a shirt while swimming?

Thanks for your time and response.

I am going to be an incoming student to PCC and have some questions about the swim center.

Institutions change rules/procedures probably yearly, not to mention new construction. I’d recommend just calling the school and asking them what the expectations are for swimming. Are you that nervous about showering in front of other men?

I attended the Campus Church while I was stationed at NAS back in the 80s. I don't recall there being a swim center there at the time but PCC has changed A LOT since then. The most stark outward change has been allowing facial hair on (male) faculty and students.

I cannot imagine there would be mixed bathing allowed. That would blow my mind if they did allow such.

As for the requirement to wear a T-shirt while swimming, that is a personal standard I keep for myself... I don't think I should subject others to viewing my bare upper body at my age. (especially to those of the fairer sex).

As for private showers, I think sensitivities have tended to lean towards the modest which is ironic given how sex crazed society has become. I'm almost sure most modern facilities offer more privacy. When I was in high school, and the Navy, locker rooms had open showers and everyone did their thing because we were all issued the same equipment when we were born.

I hope that is helpful. I pray you will be blessed by your decision to attend PCC. It WILL be what you make of it. Like I said, I attended church there and got to know many staff and students while stationed in Pensacola. It was a very profitable time for me and I can honestly say that God used PCC to firmly ground me in the faith. I pray you will have the same experience.

As an aside, my wife is retiring next year. When we first got together, I promised to take her to Pensacola one day. Lord willing, that will happen next summer. In fact, we are making plans to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary in Pensacola next year. Part of my plan is to attend at least one service at Campus Church as kind of a spiritual homecoming.

I'm glad to see you posting here.
(Take our resident bull in the china shop with a big grain of salt.)

Last edited:
Cut it out boys! At least not in front of the company. 😁
To be honest, I wasn’t being snarky when I asked the kid about being nervous about showering in a public setting in front of other men. It’s a legitimate question because I was wondering if, generationally speaking, that’s considered taboo today or whether it’s still common practice. I think in most large school settings, especially among football teams and whatnot, it’s still pretty commonplace. I know it was common during my youth—at school and camp. I can’t say I relished the idea of showering with a bunch of men, but it was either that or get shunned for being a stink bomb.

Hey dude, I’m not the one complaining about how people pray in my presence…just saying.
But you possess all the social finesse of Hulk Hogan.

And if you take the question I posed earlier as complaining... I think your blood sugars must be out of whack today.

But you possess all the social finesse of Hulk Hogan.

And if you take the question I posed earlier as complaining... I think your blood sugars must be out of whack today.
I was trying to follow Alayman’s advice, but you keep beating a dead horse.

Not complaining? YOUR quote:
“I try to keep my mind focused on what we're about, bringing our petitions to God, but I have to admit that the repetitive addressing of Lord, Lord, Lord distracts and drives me nuts.

I'm sure we all run into this. What is your internal reaction to this? Should this be addressed?“

OK…yeah. Also, what’s up with the constant food metaphors? Last I checked, you’re the diabetic, not me.

OK…yeah. Also, what’s up with the constant food metaphors? Last I checked, you’re the diabetic, not me.
Maybe I understand things you don't.

But then I do keep responding to you. I should expect better of myself.