R. Larry Brown and Victory Baptist Church

labaptist

Elect
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about this church? This isn't the Larry Brown in Iowa. It's KJV only and IFB but seems to have a different spirit then alot of them and the best music I've ever heard in an Independent Baptist church.

I believe this is the "other" Larry Brown who preached at HAC while I was a student (1982-1986) He preached on Hebrews 12:1, 2 and literally ran in place almost the entire sermon while he continued preaching. 

"This" Larry Brown pastors a few hours away right on the SC/Georgia line. He is a phenomenal preacher, but not very well received in the mainstream IFB ranks. The main reason for that is that he has a drum set on his platform. His music at church is one of the most "alive" music services I have ever been in. The drums are played appropriately along with the guitars and others instruments.

If you've ever heard of Evangelist C.T. Townsend, he came from that church and college. http://www.cttownsend.com/

[quote author=Citadel of Truth]...not very well received in the mainstream IFB ranks. The main reason for that is that he has a drum set on his platform. His music at church is one of the most "alive" music services I have ever been in. The drums are played appropriately... [/quote]

You mean they are hit with things to make noise?

So he has an evil drum kit! I knew there must be something wrong with the place! ;)

Let's see how far off he is...

Is it an electronic kit or acoustical?

Never heard of him.

However THE Larry Brown that we are all familiar with. The famous pastor/comedian who loves to climb pulpits and smash televisions.

hqdefault.jpg