Racism of David Cloud

TheRealJonStewart

Elect
Reaction score
https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/lancaster-baptist-church-contemporary-fruit.php

LOS ANGELES BAPTIST CHURCH, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

The church?s web site under ?Our History? says it was founded at the direction of Paul Chappell. Los Angeles Baptist has followed Lancaster?s example of despising ?warnings? and thus being ignorant of many important issues facing God?s people today. It has also followed Lancaster?s example of using ?adapted? contemporary worship music.

Not surprisingly, last year, the pastor?s daughter, who graduated from West Coast with a BA in missions, raised nearly $18,000 to join World Race on an 11-month backpacking ?missions trip? in multiple countries. The backpacking teams are called ?squads.? The endeavor was promoted by her pastor father. She told the congregation that while working on a presentation for the church?s mission day, World Race caught her attention and she felt that God was calling her to this. It should be obvious, though, that the voice she heard is not God?s. World Race is extremely ecumenical. Its belief statement says, ?We emphasize interdenominationalism and unity of the body of Christ, as such we are ministers of reconciliation. We seek to bring pastors and churches together in ministry.? Thus, World Race squads are seen as instruments for ecumenical unity. Christian rock music is at the heart of World Race. It is also committed to contemplative prayer. (See the free eBook Evangelicals and Contemplative Prayer, www.wayoflife.org.) The emphasis is more on ?kingdom building? than preaching the gospel. In fact, the gospel is not mentioned in World Race?s belief statement. There is also no mention of repentance, the imminent return of Christ, biblical separation, end-time apostasy, defense of the faith, and other teachings of Scripture that are essential to the times in which we live. There are no warnings of such things as Roman Catholicism, theological liberalism, Pentecostalism, Charismaticism, and the deep compromise of evangelicalism. Because of its ecumenical, positivist, ?judge not? philosophy, World Race is a bridge to anything and everything. It?s one thing for a pastor?s child to depart from what he or she has been taught; it is quite another thing for a pastor to support and promote a child that has gone in an unscriptural direction.

Here's the issue with this post. Los Angeles Baptist Church is a full-blown SPANISH FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST CHURCH. His information about the pastor's daughter joining an ecumenical program is false. It's not "World Race" but a Spanish cultural program that his daughter joined to learn more about her heritage. I find it hilarious that Cloud, wherever he is getting his false information from is claiming that a Spanish cultural program is considered "ecumenical". Perhaps Cloud should understand the Spanish language first before making an outrageous claim or attacking another Pastor's daughter who is clearly wanting to understand her Spanish heritage more.

#RacistDavidCloud

Why Cloud would make such a bold claim when these things are easy to confirm is absurd.

SEVEN times in their website, they call for a "Repentance of Sin."

There is a heavy emphasis on the GOSPEL at worldrace.org

"So far we've sent hundreds of participants to the far corners of the Earth to share the hope of the Gospel. "

"Sharing the Gospel in the 10/40 window is not for the faint of heart. It's the final frontier of God's global mission to reconcile every nation to Himself."

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. Ephesians 6:18,19."

I didn't know that spanish was a race.

Mr. Cloud is without a doubt a prejudicial bigot and he rarely knows what he is talking about but I don't see racism. Hyperbolic nitwit? Yes. Chronic liar? Yup. Accuser of the brethren? Absolutely! He may even be a racist but this quote does not supply evidence of that. "Idiocy of David Cloud" would have been a more accurate title.

Carry on.

A post card promoting the cause was in today's mailbox. Thete were the coexist symbols and the wording of a donor sabbath are a hit odd to me as Jesus is my Sabbath.

Otherwise, this is a call to promote being an irgan donor, if I understand correctly.  We must keep in mind this is thd samw David Cloud that red flagged Frank Garlock for including certain songs in his hymnal.

I say promote donor awareness.

subllibrm said:
I didn't know that spanish was a race.

Mr. Cloud is without a doubt a prejudicial bigot and he rarely knows what he is talking about but I don't see racism. Hyperbolic nitwit? Yes. Chronic liar? Yup. Accuser of the brethren? Absolutely! He may even be a racist but this quote does not supply evidence of that. "Idiocy of David Cloud" would have been a more accurate title.

Carry on.

He got confused with "Spanish" and World

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Why Cloud would make such a bold claim when these things are easy to confirm is absurd.

"So far we've sent hundreds of participants to the far corners of the Earth to share the hope of the Gospel. "

"Sharing the Gospel in the 10/40 window is not for the faint of heart. It's the final frontier of God's global mission to reconcile every nation to Himself."

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. Ephesians 6:18,19."

Maybe he thinks it should say "Faith alone in our Lord Jesus Christ is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man". A handful of Protestants are picky about that. 

brianb said:

Maybe he thinks it should say "Faith alone in our Lord Jesus Christ is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man". A handful of Protestants are picky about that.

Cloud is ridiculous. He is racist so it makes me question why he is in Nepal with a Korean guy.

TheRealJonStewart said:
brianb said:

Cloud is ridiculous. He is racist so it makes me question why he is in Nepal with a Korean guy.

My guess is because the Korean guy was called to be there and a Nepalese or maybe Indian was not.  I know a missionary who is Korean and he is in Japan with his family.  If you know anything about Japan you'll know it has a very low Christian (especially Independent Baptists) population.  It's the same in Nepal which currently has a 1.4% Christian demographic. 

And by the way that article is from two years ago. I doubt that many read that article. I tend to ignore the ones he writes about fellow Independent Baptists who he disagrees with.  If someone did and found it offensive they probably wrote him about it.  He does get some critical mail. 

One last thing. The word racist or racism gets applied too liberally these days.  It used to be if someone for example called a Chinese man a Chinaman (I've heard worse from my own generation) we would just say he's ignorant or if he was a relative "Grandpa". Racism by definition is the belief that one's own race is superior to another. Most people who say ignorant things related to another ethnic group woudn't consider themselves racist and probably most people (at least at one time) would agree they aren't.  If they are racist, they are accidental  or subconscious racists. They aren't racist in the sense of a White Supremacist or Nation of Islam kind.  Most of them are correctable so if you see someone saying a racist thing call them out on it they will probably apologize and retract what they said.

TheRealJonStewart said:
https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/lancaster-baptist-church-contemporary-fruit.php

LOS ANGELES BAPTIST CHURCH, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

The church?s web site under ?Our History? says it was founded at the direction of Paul Chappell. Los Angeles Baptist has followed Lancaster?s example of despising ?warnings? and thus being ignorant of many important issues facing God?s people today. It has also followed Lancaster?s example of using ?adapted? contemporary worship music.

Not surprisingly, last year, the pastor?s daughter, who graduated from West Coast with a BA in missions, raised nearly $18,000 to join World Race on an 11-month backpacking ?missions trip? in multiple countries. The backpacking teams are called ?squads.? The endeavor was promoted by her pastor father. She told the congregation that while working on a presentation for the church?s mission day, World Race caught her attention and she felt that God was calling her to this. It should be obvious, though, that the voice she heard is not God?s. World Race is extremely ecumenical. Its belief statement says, ?We emphasize interdenominationalism and unity of the body of Christ, as such we are ministers of reconciliation. We seek to bring pastors and churches together in ministry.? Thus, World Race squads are seen as instruments for ecumenical unity. Christian rock music is at the heart of World Race. It is also committed to contemplative prayer. (See the free eBook Evangelicals and Contemplative Prayer, www.wayoflife.org.) The emphasis is more on ?kingdom building? than preaching the gospel. In fact, the gospel is not mentioned in World Race?s belief statement. There is also no mention of repentance, the imminent return of Christ, biblical separation, end-time apostasy, defense of the faith, and other teachings of Scripture that are essential to the times in which we live. There are no warnings of such things as Roman Catholicism, theological liberalism, Pentecostalism, Charismaticism, and the deep compromise of evangelicalism. Because of its ecumenical, positivist, ?judge not? philosophy, World Race is a bridge to anything and everything. It?s one thing for a pastor?s child to depart from what he or she has been taught; it is quite another thing for a pastor to support and promote a child that has gone in an unscriptural direction.

Here's the issue with this post. Los Angeles Baptist Church is a full-blown SPANISH FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST CHURCH. His information about the pastor's daughter joining an ecumenical program is false. It's not "World Race" but a Spanish cultural program that his daughter joined to learn more about her heritage. I find it hilarious that Cloud, wherever he is getting his false information from is claiming that a Spanish cultural program is considered "ecumenical". Perhaps Cloud should understand the Spanish language first before making an outrageous claim or attacking another Pastor's daughter who is clearly wanting to understand her Spanish heritage more.

#RacistDavidCloud

He is such a blowhard moron. Why would anyone even read a word of his goofy stuff. What an absolute idiot!