Reading Church Still Works

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Written by Chappell and Clayton Reed.
Not a bad read so far....especially for a contemporary work of an IFB.

Found it listed on Scripture Truths book list and ordered it.
He also cites other IFB churches and Pastors whom I'm not familiar with. It seems Some are bucking the trend of decline within the IFB movement by growing their churches without a bus ministry.

I'm sorry that the movement I was saved and discipled in has grown so extremist.

I do not understand the charge of extremism in the context of this post.  Or are you basing that opinion on something other than Paul Chappell/WCBC and the book?

JrChurch said:
I do not understand the charge of extremism in the context of this post.  Or are you basing that opinion on something other than Paul Chappell/WCBC and the book?

Sorry, I was just thinking out loud.

I think Chappell is the best of today's movers and shakers in the IFB movement, but IMHO, he still holds some extreme beliefs and practices.
I am an IFB but find myself more and more isolated from the movement, which makes me sad...for me and the movement.

On the old forum I posted a review of it when I read it a couple of years ago. It is one of the most encouraging books I have read in the past decade.