Recovery Version Bible

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Started a thread on this up in the Fighting Forum, but didn't seem to generate much interest, so I thought I'd give it a try here.

Was out and about the other day running some errands, and I heard it advertised on the radio (during the Michael Medved show, I think).

http://recoveryversion.org/

Anyway, I had never heard of it, so did a search and found the above website. Didn't really give a whole lot of info about it, so I was curious if anyone has had any experience with it, and if so, what your impressions about it were?

Can't decide if I want to order one or not. Perhaps I'll read from the online edition and see if I can get a "good feel" for it.

Thanks for posting that link.

Certainly the downloadable sample of Philemon, and the bit of the first chapter of Genesis which are available for easy online review contain nothing objectionable, AFAICS (except of course to the KJVO-kateers  ::) ).

It would be nice if they made more portions readily available for review, though.

I'd be interested to know more.

I ordered the New Testament edition about a year ago (because it was free), but I haven't really given it a good look, but what I have looked at is pretty good.  It has a lot of very detailed doctrinal footnotes, some of which I've looked at, but not enough to tell you what their doctrinal position is.
Unfortunately the edition I got is no longer available free, it's $12  now.

I have friends in Recovery that read it. I have looked at it, wasn't interested.

I would rather read my KJB. ;)