Releasing killers and child rapists

voicecrying

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
A facebook post by the esteemed TRB shared by one of my facebook friends:
1585773061229.png

He hasn't answered with a link to prove his claim. Have they really released killers and child rapists?

According to the LA times, The New York Times and the BBC thousands are being let out early.

Articles state they are
non-violent criminals who were up for parole or early parole.

I think the premise that rapist are being let go is a half truth.

According to the LA times, The New York Times and the BBC thousands are being let out early.

Articles state they are
non-violent criminals who were up for parole or early parole.

I think the premise that rapist are being let go is a half truth.

Yes, I had heard about non-violent criminals being released. I have not heard anywhere that there were killers & child rapists released. I attributed that to TRB telling lies to draw an emotional reaction.

I read one article about several prosecutors objecting to the releases in New York, and that article claimed that some violent criminals were among those released or to be released. In addition, in a number of cases where plea deals are reached some charges are dropped so some violent criminals may have pleaded guilty to a lesser or non-violent crime when actually they committed a violent crime. Such deals can happen in cases of alleged sexual assault so that the actual crime was reduced to a lesser crime.

Do you also ignore the fact that liberals have made emotional pleas as an argument to get prisoners released so perhaps you do not apply the same measures to arguments against the release as for those offered for it?

What if a released prisoner gets the virus and starts robbing and stealing to get money for drugs, and thus he spreads this virus to many more people.

Last edited:
I read one article about several prosecutors objecting to the releases in New York, and that article claimed that some violent criminals were among those released or to be released. In addition, in a number of cases where plea deals are reached some charges are dropped so some violent criminals may have pleaded guilty to a lesser or non-violent crime when actually they committed a violent crime. Such deals can happen in cases of alleged sexual assault so that the actual crime was reduced to a lesser crime.

Do you also ignore the fact that liberals have made emotional pleas as an argument to get prisoners released so perhaps you do not apply the same measures to arguments against the release as for those offered for it?

What if a released prisoner gets the virus and starts robbing and stealing to get money for drugs, and thus he spreads this virus to many more people.

I'm not arguing for or against the release of prisoners. I'm asking the question because Christians are called to speak truth and I'm trying to ascertain if TRB, a Baptist pastor, is speaking truth. That is all.

Yes, Christians are instructed to speak the truth.

I read one story that claimed some violent offenders were poised to be released in the release concerning the virus. I looked for that article, but I did not find it. Here is a link to a different article.

I wished they would not have released him.

I agree with you there. I'd prefer child rapists get the death penalty (assuming there is incontrovertible evidence).

With that said, it is not 100% truthful in this case to just say they let a child rapist go. That implies he did not serve his full sentence for child rape. He served his time for that. He is now being released early from his sentence for a parole violation. It would be more accurate in this case to say a parole violator was let out early.

I agree with you there. I'd prefer child rapists get the death penalty (assuming there is incontrovertible evidence).

With that said, it is not 100% truthful in this case to just say they let a child rapist go. That implies he did not serve his full sentence for child rape. He served his time for that. He is now being released early from his sentence for a parole violation. It would be more accurate in this case to say a parole violator was let out early.
I agree he should get the death penalty. He will always be a child rapist. But I hear what you are saying. I really don't understand why they would let any inmate out of prison, because of this disease. It does not make any sense to me. I hear their reasons, but it makes no sense.